cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus B760 & LLC ia ac dc values

d_fourlas
Level 8
i have a 13600k with an asus rog strix b760 gaming-f. (yeah did not know i can not properly undervolt with this board lol)

So, no matter what LLC i chose the auto value of DC_LL is always 1.7 ohm. Is that normal?
I mean for example
LLC #3 (auto value of DC_LL is 1.7)
LLC #4 (auto value of DC_LL is 1.7)
and so on

Both AC/DC on auto is 1.7-1.7 no matter the LLC i choose.

I know and have tested that in this motherboard lowering AC_LL value below 0.60 leads to performance increase (so i use this value only) and the only setting i can use where VID=VCORE at load is #LLC 3 with AC_LL 0.60 and auto DC_LL (which is 1.7)
Any attempt to manually tune AC_LL + DC_LL based to the asus DC_LL +- impedance values i see for the z790 boards leads to significantly higher VID in relation to Vcore.

These are the DC_LL for each LLC# in the z790 line

LLC1: 1.75 (+/- 0.04)
LLC2: 1.46 (+/- 0.04)
LLC3: 1.10 (+/- 0.04)
LLC4: 0.98 (+/- 0.04)
LLC5: 0.73 (+/- 0.04)
LLC6: 0.49 (+/- 0.04)
LLC7: 0.24 (+/- 0.04)
LLC8: 0.01 (+/- 0.00)

Only have APE disabled and IA CEP disabled (although doesnt matter if it is on auto either)

Shouldn't hwinfo report different DC_LL values when i chose an LLC (1, 2, 3 etc) and put DC_LL in auto? Why it always sets it to 1.7?
5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hello, d.fourlas.

May I ask why you need to lower the voltage? Is it because of overheating? Under what circumstances?
Could you help to confirm the question below?
- the current BIOS version
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Jiaszzz@ROG wrote:
Hello, d.fourlas.

May I ask why you need to lower the voltage? Is it because of overheating? Under what circumstances?
Could you help to confirm the question below?
- the current BIOS version
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Thanks for your answer.

Bios 0811 with last ME (16.1.25.2020v2) as per asus website instructions

G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5(2x16GB) F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK
Saphire Radeon Pulse RX 6700 10gb
Cooler Master V850 Gold V2
Windows 10 pro 22H2

Because initialy the voltage was over 1.4 and the temps were close to 100c with the same results in benchmarks (cb23) and watts
Many people have undervolted the last intel gen resulting in lower consumption and lower temps and lower voltage while keeping the same performance

In B760 i managed to reduce the voltage as shown in bios to 1.279 and vcore in hwinfo to 1.168 under load (cb23) but at the cost of performance. Voltage should be able to lower even more, but any setting i have tried to far results to like half the cinebech score (~11k from almost 23k which is also a bit under the stock score)
That affects not only ac_ll but voltage offset after a certain point too.

The problem is not the Pc built. The problem is that IA CEP can not be really disabled (even if there is a setting to do so) in these series of motherboards like their Z counterparts. The motherboard thinks somehow that it receives less voltage and decides to lower clocks etc.
There has been a discussion about this in other forums too (ie overclock.net) and i believe a bios update would allow it, if Asus cares to do it.

noarr
Level 7

I got the same. To lower the temperature i have to change the microcode to 0x104 (in tweaker paradise), after i can change Global Core SVID (offset mode -0.15) and cache svid (offset mode -0.15) without any underperforming.

98° to 80° in cb23.

We need a real upadate for B760 in order to have a proper voltage in auto mode !

Same problem here, first I was happy that my 13600k can run stable hours of prime95 with 1.17v manual mode but then I realised the r23 score was 10000. I followed what you said and now I am getting 24000 in r23 with 1.225v under load. I had also set LLC 6 and IA AC and DC to -0.30, the CEP option makes no difference. For some reason if I set cache svid offset closer to 0 the score in r23 drops a lot and if I go beyond -0.17 the system becomes unstable. Is it possible to adjust only vcore without affecting cache svid ?

noarr
Level 7

I tried also to set IA AC and DC but it doesn't improve anything for me. The vcore is going above 1.33v so the temperature is nearly 95 during cb23. You're right, CEP option makes no difference, it's unreal that this option doesn't work correctly.

I checked the new Bios this morning, and i set the vcore with the current microcode. In manual it's still underperforming a lot under 1.3v and with a offset -0.15 the multithread is good but i'm losing on a singlethread (CPUz 830 to 500). 

So i'm back to the 0x104 microcode...I don't understand why there are so many locks and issues with the B760 and Asus (seems a bit better with MSI or Gigabyte based on what i read).