cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x670 AI OC not setting Core Offsets - why?

mgrobins
Level 7

Activating the AI Overclock in Bios, I am finding that the Bios will not set any core offset values or curve optimisation. It does not appear to be altering the PBO settings.  This is after continual "training" with repeated multi and single core runs. 

I have the latest BIOS, have followed the ROG Videos to set AI Overclock.
I have reset BIOS and used multiple runs at training all with same outcome.

I see reviewers with AI Overclock setups showing -15 etc on offsets and I am unsure if I am setting something incorrectly or not. I do think it's how I'm using it - not a bug. 

I think I need an actual step by step guide - not someone from ROG casually talking through some steps where other changes or influences are not mentioned. I'll keep looking for a guide that helps... but I'm here because my efforts have not been successful :). 

I'm not new to OC'ing and all of my systems for years have been OC'ed - including previous ZEN chips using PBO. I've never used AI though. 

Any advice or direction here? 

My system:
x670E Strix Gaming Motherboard

DDR5 6000 Team Group (EXPO)

7900k CPU

Custom Loop with a large external radbox. 

Windows 10 with no installed Asus software other than drivers for motherboard hardware. 

Previously I have overclocked my CPU's using PBO and manually examining all voltages and settings. I wanted to at least use AI to save a lot of time and have a more efficient system that isn't as hot running for the same performance. 

Cheers

7900k, x670E Strix Gaming, 32GB DDR5 6000 Team Group, RTX4090
Full Custom loop with EK Blocks, External Radbox with MORA 1080 and 140.2
Ducky KB, Custom flight Simpit, AW OLED UW,
Denon AVR - QAcoustics Bookshelves & Sub for 4.1 Surround
3 REPLIES 3

mgrobins
Level 7

No help ?  😞 

Hello mgrobins,

I don't see why you'd need to use offsets when overclocking, unless you want a lower idle voltage?

Possible the other reviewers were using a lower LLC setting, making it look like an offset.

But either way, if you want to use offsets, maybe manual overclocking is the way to go.

Hmmm no there were visible negative core offsets which are very much a part of successful OC of this generation. Undervolting is how you create more headroom by analysing how efficient your CPU is then reducing voltage so that you get a higher freq for any given power.