cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my monitor???

Rayhan
Level 8
I newly bought an Asus VS197D 18.5'' monitor, and i noticed that the left side of it is a little bit yellowish and dull compared to its right side. What's wrong with my monitor?!!

Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You cannot show a monitor problem unless you take a photo. Print screen will simply show the data on a different monitor not the effect of the monitor.......I have an Adobe RGB calibrated monitor and both look the same here. :rolleyes:

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You cannot show a monitor problem unless you take a photo. Print screen will simply show the data on a different monitor not the effect of the monitor.......I have an Adobe RGB calibrated monitor and both look the same here. :rolleyes:

sorry about that, i guess its much noticeable with the naked eye, and i noticed also that asus monitors are not that good when it comes to the color white. The white purity is poor.
Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Easy to forget these things!! 😉 have you got a camera to take a photo....if it's really noticable I would send the monitor back...it shouldn't be doing that...

But you're right about the colors it is hard to get good color from anything but a really expensive monitor.:(

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Easy to forget these things!! 😉 have you got a camera to take a photo....if it's really noticable I would send the monitor back...it shouldn't be doing that...

But you're right about the colors it is hard to get good color from anything but a really expensive monitor.:(

i tried to capture some images using my digi cam, no luck with it. My digi cam is rubbish. I need a dlsr camera. Anyway i think im gonna return this monitor. I swear im never gonna buy asus monitors! im going back to samsung.