inkjunkie
Level 7
....unstable the next.
Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus
Ryzen 9 3950x
G.Skill Trident Z 3600 c14
American Megatrends Bios 3405
360mm Radiator with push/pull fans
I don't remember the specifics but the clock speed was only set at 40. I did run a MemTest, overnight and it came up with ) errors. I ran RealBench for 8 hours on Wednesday. I had did not change any of the settings since then. Was going to try to tweak the settings a bit today but decided to Stress Test it before doing so, it made it thru the 4 minutes or so and the Instability Detected message. Where do I start looking?
5 REPLIES 5

inkjunkie
Level 7
Earlier today my I went into the BIOS and entered the number generated by the Ryzen Ram Calculator. Result was it failed to post. Cleared the BIOS. Reset it default. Would not pass a 15 minute stress test.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Manual adjustment of the core ratios is fairly fruitless on this platform.

Clear the CMOS, enable Precision Boost Overdrive along with DOCP and run a memory stress test such as HCI Memtest or Ramtest.

Manual adjustment of SOC voltage can often be needed on memory ratios above 3200. Start with a value of around 0.950 and move up methodically until finding stability.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

Manual adjustment of the core ratios is fairly fruitless on this platform.

Clear the CMOS, enable Precision Boost Overdrive along with DOCP and run a memory stress test such as HCI Memtest or Ramtest.

Manual adjustment of SOC voltage can often be needed on memory ratios above 3200. Start with a value of around 0.950 and move up methodically until finding stability.

I will clear the CMOS . Enable PBO in the BIOS or Ryzen Master?
Thanks for the tip about the SOC voltage....

Cleared the CMOS. Reset to Defaults. Loaded the DOCP profile. Made it 5 minutes into the instability detected notification. Am clueless where to look. When I leave to go pick up my neighbor from the hospital, he had hernia surgery at 82 years young, will run the MemTest.

mixsetup
Level 7
Test memory in another system