cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random short freezes in game (and sometimes blue screen )

DigitalVHS
Level 7
Hi all, i am new and i need help,and my English si bad

My rig is

i5 6402p (same as 6400 but p dont have gpu)
Asus Z170P-d3
Kingston 12 Gb dd3 1600 mhz
Gtx1080Ti FE
And i dont have ROG bios, its only Asus ver.8002.

I disable C-states
Turbo mode enabled
BLCK form 100 to 155
Sync all core ( i try auto , 30,34 )
Cpu Voltage 1.25 (i try 1.3 but its fail again, and my cpu temp go over 80c)

I pass all stess test, AIDA64 ,RealBench, Cpu-Z but when i start game .game after some time random short freez , 1 sec ,maybe 2...and sometimes i got bluescreen and my pc restart.. Btw i cant enable XMP, its disabled by defult. Sorry for bad englis but can you hel me with some advice ?

https://valid.x86.fr/um2h38
4 REPLIES 4

DigitalVHS
Level 7
I try set core voltage to auto, and auto set voltage core 1.45v,this is too much for my processor and cooling temps go over 100c...i can burn my cpu.

So maybe 1.3v not enough for 4,3 mhz clock,and that si reason whay my game freezz?? Anyone?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi DigitalVHS 🙂

Yes, it is possible that the overclock is not stable. However, not being able to set XMP may be a clue too...maybe RAM is unstable. Is it a single kit?

If you reset BIOS to default settings...no OC....do you have the same problems?

Hey man, thank you for replay.:)

My ram is Kingston DDR3 1600 mhz. After i clock cpu to 150 blck RAM go only to 1653 mhz ( i set to auto ) if i try manual set to 1833 mhz sistem wont boot...its stuck on load screean.

But you found a problem i think...after i load default setting in bios, games still freezes , evem more often. maybe problem with nvidia drivers??? Or my cpu is broken 😞
And i have 3 kits 3x4 gb ram.

EDIT ...no, i uninstal drivers with ddu and instal new drivers and samw problem...so something with my hardware si not ok? Right?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Maybe remove some RAM...try one stick only in the recommended slot...