cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking problem with Asusx99 and i7 5930K, Dual intelligent 5

toxzl2
Level 7
Hello People, Which power management profile are you using for Overclock? Because i am having issues with my CPU frequency and Voltage, they jump up and down, they dont look steady as same videos that i had seen, and they are creating a lot of heat, 38 to 43 idle, i dont know if it is how my 5930K should work, i am running it in a Asus Deluxe x99. It is running at default settings and clocks. Is it normal? Also, i had a new samsung 850 pro and it makes a power management profile for itself, but if i changed it to high performance, the results are the same, if i changed it to balanced or power saving, it downclocks but somethimes it overlocks when doing nothing, i really dont know whats the problem, from 1.2 to 3.5 to 4.5 then 1.2 then 4.5, then 1.2ghz and voltages 1.2, 0.0, 0.1, 0.3, a lot of crazy ****, sorry for the language.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
Intel Speedstep lets your processor downclock when idle and let it goes back up when you put a heavy enough load on it. With it activated, it is normal to see your CPU frequency jumping all over the place. If you disable it, your CPU will always run at its maximum frequency.

With regards to Power plans, the balanced profile will let your CPU frequency go up and down as explained earlier while the High Performance, like its name suggests, will always have your CPU running at full speed. If you use Samsung Magician, it probably has applied the High Performance power plan on its own.

It depends on you whether you want to roll with Balanced or High Performance.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yesterday, I uninstalled Aisuite3 and changed everything in bios to default, i manually overclock the processor by just changing the core ratio to 45 and everything to auto, now it doesnt jump like crazy and seems more stable. When i choose high performance, it remains at 4.5ghz with a stable 1.280 volt and doesnt go down like before, and when i choose balanced it downclocks to 1.2ghz and overclocks to 4.5ghz when gaming or when it is stressed a bit, but the voltage do change to 0.8 to 1.280 but doesnt go down to 0, 0.2, 0.3 etc like before, i really dont know what happen before that it went so low and now it has a more stable voltage at balanced. Does this reads look good?, and what do u recommend, going for high performance power profile or balanced?