cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory compatibility MAXIMUS VI GENE

babysnakes
Level 7
Can anyone suggest some decent compatible RAM for this board.
I currently have Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-17000C9 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory installed but i'm
getting error code 53 (incompatible memory)

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Zka17
Level 16
Have you checked the Qualified Vendor List for that motherboard? You can find it on the product page...

GSkill TridentX series, Corsair Vengeance Pro series are known to play nice with that platform...

But before you would look for a new kit, have you tried to do some troubleshooting?
Like try only one module... make sure that the modules are correctly seated in the DIMM slots... the CPU cooler is correctly seated/the screws are tightened evenly...

Are you getting that code a BIOS defaults or XMP settings?

babysnakes
Level 7
Just reseated the sticks, they weren't all the way in. Now showing error code 00. Probably a bios update is needed.

Many thanks for the reply.

Zka17
Level 16
Nope, first try Clear CMOS! Code 00 means that you have some issue with your CPU... try to figure that out before the BIOS flash...

Make sure that the correct power connectors are connected/seated properly...

babysnakes
Level 7
Not the first PC i've built & this is a brand new 4770K. Maybe i've been unlucky & got a dead chip. :mad:

Zka17
Level 16
That is possible too... but double-checking those things I have mentioned before usually helps... - also, you can try to reseat the CPU and make sure to check the socket pins too...

babysnakes
Level 7
OK, all sorted. Daft ME hadn't had a newfangled Corsair PSU before. TWO plugs for the 24 pin atx lead. All up & running, overclocked to 4.5Ghz on a cheapo Xigmatek Loki aircooler while i'm saving up for an EK watercooling loop.