cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VII--MOUSE ISSUE

rick216
Level 7
So whenever the computer is off and I accidentally hit the mouse buttons, the light on the mouse would turn on for no reason. I was wondering if there is a way to disable that? I tried switching to a different usb port, it does the same thing!
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hello rick216,

Are you using windows 8-8.1? if so hybrid boot is enabled by default which means when you turn off your pc it is actually going into sleep mode. Try disabling hybrid boot.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello rick216,

Are you using windows 8-8.1? if so hybrid boot is enabled by default which means when you turn off your pc it is actually going into sleep mode. Try disabling hybrid boot.

Thanks for responding! I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Any settings on the motherboard should I check? This is so annoying!

rick216
Level 7
Am I the only one with this issue? I'm on my second motherboard and this problem still persists.

Nate152
Check this, Start button, Control panel, system and security, power options, then on the left, choose what the power buttons do

When I press the power button: "shut down"

Does your pc come on or just the lights on the mouse?

Just the mouse.

Nate152
I wonder if you have it plugged into a usb port that has usb charging. You can try plugging it into another usb port.

rick216
Level 7
I've tried changing to a different usb port, it does the same thing.

Nate152

Never mind I've fixed it! I had to enable ERP S4+S5 in bios.