cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Maximus VI Gene not turning on..

ScuRo
Level 7
Hi, I just finished building my new PC. I have an ASUS Maximus VI Gene motherboard. All of my PSU cables are properly plugged in and my PSU is plugged into the wall. When I turn on my PC, the little Q-code indicator lights up, my PSU fan turns on, and the Start and Reset buttons on the board light up. The Q-code just says 00. My CPU fan doesn't turn on, neither do my GPU fans or any of my case fans. Nothing shows up on my monitor, either. I have no clue whats going on and this is my first PC build ever so someone please help me!! 😞 My monitor is hooked up to my graphics card via VGA (Its a fairly old monitor)

The Specs are:
Intel Core i5-4670k
ASUS ROG Maximus VI Gene
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 ACX Superclocked
NZXT Phantom 410 case (I doubt that matters)
Corsair CX750M PSU
Some old DELL monitor I got for free
20 REPLIES 20

It's just the Intel Stock cooler.

Antronman
Level 10
You are using an 80-Plus Bronze certified PSU. That makes me think that you may not have enough guaranteed wattage available for the system.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Guaranteed wattage? It's a 750 watt PSU and that is all I need...It's like an 84 watt CPU and my graphics card requires a 500W PSU at least (but it only uses up to about 200 watts) So I have plenty of extra wattage..

HiVizMan
Level 40
OP ignore the rating of the PSU for now mate.

Can you please recheck that the 12v EPS CPU power connectors are indeed correctly seated and the correct one?

Code 00 will often indicate that the CPU is not working, so remove the cooler and the CPU and inspect the socket for bent or misaligned pins.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ScuRo
Level 7
Alright, the 8pin CPU power thing IS connected, and I haven't removed my CPU yet because I am now getting a strong feeling that some of my pins are bent. 😕 If that is the case, I'm assuming I will have to RMA the motherboard. Will I have to RMA the CPU, too? And if I don't have to RMA the CPU, how should I store it?

ScuRo wrote:
I am now getting a strong feeling that some of my pins are bent.

i hope they do RMA bent pins. In our country any type of physical damage won't be taken into consideration, esp. bent pins, best of luck
Mobo : Asus Maximus VI Impact || CPU : i5-4670k || Cooling : H100
GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || PSU : Corsair RM 650 || Rams : G Skill Trident X 4GBx2 2400 CL10
Monitor : 2x Asus VX239h + 1x HP w2207h || Chassis : Bitfenix Prodigy Red || OS : WIN8.1 x64
Periphirals : Corsair K95, Logitech g402, Edifier 3350

Well it's either that or a PSU problem, I have a Corsair PSU so I guess that isn't even ROG-related but I do hope you guys can help

kkn
Level 14
In a startic free bag if you have one.