Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cannot boot in OC Adaptive mode

Gnuffi
Level 7
Got my stuff, put it together all nice and snug,
jumps in and OC gets what so far appear a stable 4600MHz at 1.312 v

thinking im gonna want some life out of this gear, i thought to myself i shouldnt run it at full power all the time considering all the downtime idling.
so i enter into Adaptive mode. and behold, crash, as in, not even boot to windows
spends 12 hours trying to tweak adaptive settings, and no matter what i input, high or low, increments by tiny increments, it just crash at win boot, ofc the second i pop it in manual boots fine, like nothing was ever wrong

Whats up with adaptive mode and BSOD/boot failure, what am i doing wrong, why cant i get that blasted function to work?

i7 6700k @ 4600Mhz 1.312v
Asus Maximus Hero VIII bios 1601
Win 7 pro 64-bit
32gb ddr4 ram 2800 MHz cl14

Googling yielded people with similar issues, but alas nothing that did the trick for me
So help is greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi Gnuffi

Welcome to the ROG forum !

It seems you have a good overclocking 6700k, be sure you're entering the voltage 1.312v in "Additional Turbo Mode" .

If you've done this and still get BSOD's reset to defaults, sync all cores and change the cpu core ratio to 46, scroll down and change the cpu core/cache voltage to adaptive, do not enter in a cpu core/cache voltage, let everything on auto.

F10 and enter to save and exit, once in windows be sure the windows power plan is set to balanced, your cpu should be throttling at idle.

How does she go and what voltage is the cpu drawing?

yea, that i dont like, i cant shut down my computer fast enough when its on auto, looks like its intentionally wanting to try and fry my CPU with mad crazy voltages 1.48. are you nuts BIOS?

anyway, i looked around and looks like many others have that trouble getting skylake to work properly in adaptive mode, which is kinda too bad, but doesnt make me feel so bad givin up on it and just having oto accept constant voltages.
well sorta constant.. after trying to fiddle with adaptive mode and such, now whenever i enter manual mode, enter my 1.300 in manual Vcore to get it to 1.312 in bios, that i got stable previously when stressing
doing the same now, CPU for some reason seem to want to draw more voltage than before, and does it so auto despite me having entered and set manually..
even stranger for some reason, now it seems to default to the same voltage as my ram, 1,344 when stressing, compared to before

its so weird and i think im about done fiddling with it and the strange behavior