cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENE-Z GEN3 Shutdowns from nowhere

NastyCircus
Level 7
Hi, i got a huge problem. I'm worry about hardware damage.

I'm running CPU 2600k on the GENE-Z GEN3. The MB has the BIOS 3203 (i know this is for ivy bridge) and i get the debug A0. I can't downgrade the BIOS to 0402.

I'm runing normally, and the PC shutdown from nowhere! :mad: Try to turn on but nothing happens, just the power/reset buton turn on but i press them and nothing. wait for seconds and it tries to turn on but shutdown before it get into the BIOS.

I tried removing the RAM, Video card, Clear de CMOS (with the bridge too). Everything. The PC works for hours, the next day shutdown again, and Pc appears to need to rest. or something.

I ran Prime95 for hours, sometimes shutdown, sometimes not. I ran the Intel burn test at maximum and nothing happens.
The power supply was plugged in a PSU (900w) the first time that happened. Then i changed to surge protection only. The shut-down is very random.

¿Is the CPU, memory or BIOS?

I'll appreciate your help. Regards.

Components:

GENE-Z GEN3
Intel 2600K
RAM Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 1866MHZ
QUADRO 2000
Kingston HyperX 3K 120gb SSD
Power Supply: Corsair TX750

All the hardware is new.
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would just wait for the next BIOS and flash to that - I would not be running Prime or any other stress test right now.

Wait for the next BIOS and take it from there. Nurse your system for now do not stress her.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I would just wait for the next BIOS and flash to that - I would not be running Prime or any other stress test right now.

Wait for the next BIOS and take it from there. Nurse your system for now do not stress her.

HI, tnx for the reply.

I ran the PC with a different power supply for hours, and nothing happened. But when a put back the corsair tx750 tha pc fails again. But the PowerS. corsair is brand new. it was plugged at a UPS at the first time the error happened (UPS specs: 900VA 495w ).

HiVizMan
Level 40
No disrespect to Corsair but I have had to RMA my Corsair PSU now 3 times (Once in a HTPC system??????) and it has just failed again. The one I use is a bigger one than yours and each time they replace it new. So sadly new does not mean it is working it seems.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.