ricky88
Level 7
Hi guys, new to the forum 🙂

I have built my fist rig using the following:

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z 990FX
AMD FX 9590 Black Edition
Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2X8GB Dual Channel DDR3 2133MHz
Gigabyte HD 7990 6144MB GDDR5
Samsung 840 120GB SSD (Win 8 pro installed)
Western digital Caviar black 1TB
1250W OCZ Technology ZX Series
Corsair Hydro H100

The machine seems to be running well, I have not overclocked or anything but I would like some help if possible about setting the RAM to run at 2133mhz without compromising stability.

I also have a problem that the bios is not fitting to my screen?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you 🙂
20 REPLIES 20

HiVizMan
Level 40
The bios size and your screen has to do with the default resolution of your monitor or as I suspect a TV screen.

You can select the DOCP option in BIOS and select the frequency closest to the specified on the sticks of ram. Do not go over the specification unless you are willing to add voltages to the system.

Please do remember that most kits of ram are made for Intel systems and as such the rated speeds are in line with the Intel conventions and may not match the AMD frequency on offer.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ricky88
Level 7
Thank you very much HiVizMan for your reply, much appreciated.

You are correct I am using a 42" HDTV, I am guessing there is not much I can do about that without using a different screen?

I will have a little look in the bios now and see if I can get it up to 1866 or so. I will get back with my results.

Thanks again for the help! 🙂

ricky88
Level 7
Hmm I enabled DOCP but I cant get it to boot up past 1600mhz?

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK what voltage is your memory set at in bios?

And what is the next frequency up on the drop down list?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ricky88
Level 7
With DOCP enabled the voltage flicks between 1.589v up to 1.595v.

Under DRAM O.C. Profile the next up is 1800, under memory frequency the next up is 1866.

Thank you so much mate!

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK so choose the 1866 and change your memory voltage to 1.65

F10 and enter and boot to OS

ricky88
Level 7
Tried that mate but got BSOD?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you post up a screen shot of your OC page please.

F12 in bios and a fat formatted USB stick will do the trick for screenshots of the bios.

Or list what other things you have changed in the bios.

ricky88
Level 7
I cleared the CMOS and used the 'load optimal defaults' setting, then enabled docp, set memory frequency to 1866mhz and ram voltage to 1.65v, all the other settings are at their factory/auto settings.

Thank you.