cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing isses.

Meikumori
Level 7
Hello, First off I am new to the board even though I have made my build over a year ago. I am running into some issues with random crashes and freezes.

This occurs when I change the mem frequency from 1333 to 1600 and up. The mem is rated at 2133(OC) and I was hoping to run stable at that speed but it seems anything over 1333 will crash.

My computer specs
MB: Crosshair V Formula
CPU: FX 8150
MEM: Corsair Venegence Dualchan 4gb sticks x2 (total of 8gb)
Windows7 ultiamte 64.

heres the exact link to the memory if needed
http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeancer-8gb-1-5v-dual-channel-ddr3-m...

I dont really know anything about overclocking. and when I use the ai auto overclocker it doesnt really do anything and crashes anyway.

I have sufficent cooling to the best of my knowlage the temps are stable so I dont know what the problems are.
I will be going to windows 8.1 shortly.

Maybe I set somthing up wrong in the building process, i have no idea. it turned on when i was done so i was happy lol.
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate, all you need to do is enable the DHOCP in the bios and then you will have to change the FSB a little to get close to your desired memory frequency. Just remember when you change the FSB your CPU will clock higher.

The next key point is to manually set the voltage of the memory in the bios, look on the sticks and see what the suggested voltage is for that frequency - I would suggest 1.65 and set that yourself.

AISuite well that application is not my best friend, so if you want you can remove it for now.

Do all your OC in the bios if possible.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Meikumori
Level 7
Thanks for the info I will try and give my results later.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries we will be here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.