cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cpu over temperature error - ASUS x570 Hero + Ryzen 9 3950x

Nicklas0912
Level 7
So.

I have got this since lanuch, and now im tried of this.

Setup:

Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
Custom Water Cooling - 2x Quad Rads - 1x Tripple.

If I overclock the CPU to 4.4Ghz all core - 1.32 volt. I can run Cinebench R15/R20 mabye 5 times, withotu something happen, but some point always, it restart and said " Cpu over temperature error" and I dont get that. The CPU is never getting over 78C, Package, Die or on the both CCXer. I monitor with Ryzen Master + HWinfo. and I tried other aswell, the CPU is max 78-80C. and Shutdown Temps should be at 95C. So I dont get why is doing this, is so random. Can it be the mortherboard that is bugged?.

"Note, I dont get any error at 4.3Ghz"
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Nicklas0912 wrote:
So.

I have got this since lanuch, and now im tried of this.

Setup:

Ryzen 9 3950X
Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero
Custom Water Cooling - 2x Quad Rads - 1x Tripple.

If I overclock the CPU to 4.4Ghz all core - 1.32 volt. I can run Cinebench R15/R20 mabye 5 times, withotu something happen, but some point always, it restart and said " Cpu over temperature error" and I dont get that. The CPU is never getting over 78C, Package, Die or on the both CCXer. I monitor with Ryzen Master + HWinfo. and I tried other aswell, the CPU is max 78-80C. and Shutdown Temps should be at 95C. So I dont get why is doing this, is so random. Can it be the mortherboard that is bugged?.

"Note, I dont get any error at 4.3Ghz"

Hello, as far as I'm aware, these thermal shutoffs are still based on T-CASE temperature. This would mean the CPU is almost certainly running too hot.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hello, as far as I'm aware, these thermal shutoffs are still based on T-CASE temperature. This would mean the CPU is almost certainly running too hot.

Even if you disable CPU temp/package team monitor in bios, it still shutdown.

Is funny. THE cant do 4.4Ghz all core, shutting down. BUT if I do 4375Mhz on CCX4, and 4.5Ghz on the 3 first CCX, it running fine. it as soon as the CCX4 running 4.4Ghz it shutdown. cause of the temp error.

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:

But if is base on T-Case tempeture, you cant use monitor to notthing? as they only show max 77c. and limit is 95.