cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chipset Temp?

ShawnPMerwin
Level 7
Hello help new to pc building. I have not messed with the BIOS only the Ai Suite 3.

Specs:
ROG Strix Z690 I gaming
ROG Strix 240 aio
ROG Strix 3070ti
Intel i5 12600k (AI overclocked at 5.3)
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200MHz
Corsair SF 750watt
Lian Li A4-H20

Temps at idle:
CPU 33c
Motherboard 36c
CPU package 26c
Chipset 55c
VRM 37c

My question is that my Chipset is running at idle 55c. Is there a way to turn the fan to max I don't care about noise because the computer sits next to an AC window unit. Just trying to bring the heat down when gaming it reaches 77c on the chipset.
2 REPLIES 2

Murph_9000
Level 14
It looks to me like the A4-H2O case is designed so that the AIO fans pull air up over the motherboard. Raising the minimum speed of them should help pull heat away from the chipset heatsink. I'd probably start by adjusting the fan curves to 50% minimum, 100% at something like 75 or 80C on the CPU, then play with the middle of the curve to find a good ramp for them. If you need extra airflow, the Noctua A12x25 (that's the new next gen one with the curved blades, similar to the Strix GPU fans) is worth a look, along with the rubber radiator gaskets for it.

The Z690 chipset does have a reputation for being a bit toasty. Try disabling onboard devices that you don't use, in the BIOS, that's supposed to help. I'm on X570S, so can't remember exactly which chipset devices were the particularly hot ones on Z690, just have read reports that it helps in some cases.

Murph_9000 wrote:
It looks to me like the A4-H2O case is designed so that the AIO fans pull air up over the motherboard. Raising the minimum speed of them should help pull heat away from the chipset heatsink. I'd probably start by adjusting the fan curves to 50% minimum, 100% at something like 75 or 80C on the CPU, then play with the middle of the curve to find a good ramp for them. If you need extra airflow, the Noctua A12x25 (that's the new next gen one with the curved blades, similar to the Strix GPU fans) is worth a look, along with the rubber radiator gaskets for it.

The Z690 chipset does have a reputation for being a bit toasty. Try disabling onboard devices that you don't use, in the BIOS, that's supposed to help. I'm on X570S, so can't remember exactly which chipset devices were the particularly hot ones on Z690, just have read reports that it helps in some cases.

Thank you I'll start with turning the fan curve at a lower speed to see if that is what's causing it. I have them running at 100% it might be pulling the air out to fast for the chipset fan. Also ill look into the Noctua A12x25. I apricate the response.