cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PB278Q Gamma too bright on 1080p, fine on 1440p.

Lanarchy
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I tried a lot of things but I can't for the life of me find why it is doing that.

If I choose 2560x1440 resolutions, blacks are perfect and the gamma/brightness is exactly how I like it.

If i switch to 1920x1080, or even 720, it becomes very bright, like I'd put the gamma to 100%.

Any ideas ?

I'm on HDMI.
3 REPLIES 3

Lanarchy
Level 7
Just tried with DisplayPort, same thing.

carlos_will
Level 7
Lanarchy wrote:
Hello everyone,

I tried a lot of things but I can't for the life of me find why it is doing that.

If I choose 2560x1440 resolutions, blacks are perfect and the gamma/brightness is exactly how I like it.

If i switch to 1920x1080, or even 720, it becomes very bright, like I'd put the gamma to 100%.

Any ideas ?

I'm on HDMI.

I have the same problem with my AOC q2770pqu, I switch to 1920 x 1080p and the gamme goes all weird and it can't be fixed with gamma settings on the monitor.

carlos_will can you try something for me ? Can you go to Nvidia Control Panel, under "adjust desktop color settings", change the Digital color format at the bottom to something ELSE than RGB and tell me if that fixed it for you ?

Someone told me to try that and it SEEMS like it's been fixed so far, but I heard RGB is better than YCbCr sooo...