cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 FTP Connection

juanccgg
Level 7
I have AI Suite 3 running on a Maximus VI Extreme board. I noticed that there is always a FTP connection to 103.10.4.40 (ftp.asus.com.tw) by AI Suite 3. I don't have EZ Update installed as part of AI suite 3 so I am not sure why there is a ftp connection.

Is this normal behavior?
It seems strange that the connection is there all the time.
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
Think it is part of the application, no idea why mind.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

yeah it has a consistant connection for me too. I'm going to either block it or uninstall the app. No reason to have this kind of constant phone home.

edit:
ok seems to be the update option. I disabled update and havent seen it pop back up for a few minutes.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good to know and thanks for the report back.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ominous_Penguin
Level 7
I just discovered this while diagnosing a network problem. How do I disable checking for updates?

Denoppo
Level 7
I am trying to use the AI Suite III Remover Tool and get an Executable Error Code 5. Access Denied.
Should I try something different as I have already uninstalled this from my Windows 7 Ultimate?
Asus Maximus VI Formula-CaseLabs SM8 Case-Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133-Dell 2560 X 1440 Monitor-Func MS-3 Mouse
Intel i4770K-Noctua NF-A14 PMW Case Fans-Prolimatech Genesis Black CPU Cooler/Fans
Samsung SSD 840 Pro-Seasonic Platinum SS-860XP-Windows 7 Ultimate

You can disable the FTP inside the AI Suite. Go to Settings > Application tab. Remove the check from the Update box. This will stop the constant ftp calls to 103.10.4.40. This is also where you would disable any of the tools you don't use so they do not run needlessly, for example TurboEVO if you are not overclocking.

ShepTech88
Level 7
After you disable the Updates in AI Suite, you will notice constant ICMP ping from your PC to 202.39.253.11. See the following page for details.
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/46456/computer-sending-unstopped-icmp-echo-request-to-an....

Hey Asus, why are you building in phone-home and ICMP signal backdoors into your products? I guess I will uninstall AI Suite and plan on using MSI for my next build.

Can we get an official statement from ASUS?

In My AI Suite ll the FTB Connection to "asus.com.tw" or other FTB asus sites never connect , always times out, it only worked once when I bought my pc and upgraded the Bios . since then has never worked to connect, its part of the suite app , Asus must have awful servers slower than ice flows , just like this forum site at times. EZ Update never works either for that matter , always times out or error "cannot connect to server" for a new pc users this is a problem I suggest , as they might like updates , and cannot figure out on their own what to install . without screwing up their hardware , asus should fix this I say major problem for new users.