cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 auto load OC profile on startup?

Rob_Ainscough
Level 7
AI Suite 3 has "enable at startup" option which is great, but is there any method to have AI suite 3 auto load an OC profile?

I've found where the OC profiles are saved: C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\oc ... but is there some way to define a default profile to load when AI Suite 3 starts?

Cheers, Rob.
3 REPLIES 3

mdzcpa
Level 12
Rob Ainscough wrote:
AI Suite 3 has "enable at startup" option which is great, but is there any method to have AI suite 3 auto load an OC profile?

I've found where the OC profiles are saved: C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\oc ... but is there some way to define a default profile to load when AI Suite 3 starts?

Cheers, Rob.

The board will always boot up with the last UEFI configuration you set. So if that is overclocked, that is what you will get.

AIS is more for overclocking on the fly from Windows. It is not as in depth as OCing from the UEFI. AIS cannot boot up profiles effectively as it is software that comes after the boot up with Windows already running. Many OC setting changes requires a reboot anyway.

I would use the UEFI as your primary source for setting the OC profile you want to use at boot up, and use AIS as the on the fly tweak or experimental setting program.

mdzcpa wrote:
The board will always boot up with the last UEFI configuration you set. So if that is overclocked, that is what you will get.

AIS is more for overclocking on the fly from Windows. It is not as in depth as OCing from the UEFI. AIS cannot boot up profiles effectively as it is software that comes after the boot up with Windows already running. Many OC setting changes requires a reboot anyway.

I would use the UEFI as your primary source for setting the OC profile you want to use at boot up, and use AIS as the on the fly tweak or experimental setting program.

I understand that, but my question is can AI suite be set (either via command line or registry setting or something) to automatically load an AIS OC profile when it starts with Windows/OS. Since AI Suite can be set to automatically start when windows boots, I was expecting/hoping there was a way to have AI suite automatically load an OC profile. Apparently this can be done with fan profiles using "Standard (ASUS)" as the fan profile name, but this doesn't work for OC profiles.

AI suite has enough functionality to support OC changes once I have the other EFI exclusive settings entered. There are several reasons why someone might want to do this:

Example ... Setup a "safe" boot OC in EFI, for those of use using chillers they can take about 5-15 mins of ramp up time to get the CPU and VRM's cool enough to support higher OC frequency. For example my Koolance chiller can operate my 9900K at 5.5Ghz (0 AVX offset) 5.0Ghz Cache at 1.395v with 4266Mhz RAM, but ONLY when the VRM and CPU have been sufficiently cooled. So after powering on the Koolance and wiating 5-15min, I boot my system at 5.0Ghz and 4.4Ghz Cache first to ensure safe boot then the 5.5Ghz Profiles gets loaded automatically after Windows boot sequence.

Rob.

Rob Ainscough wrote:
I understand that, but my question is can AI suite be set (either via command line or registry setting or something) to automatically load an AIS OC profile when it starts with Windows/OS.

Same question here, did you manage to make this work?