cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed !!! ASUS ROG G750JH

Edgar_Davey
Level 7
Hello guys , I need your advice.
Basically for last 7 years Ive been using macs for everything I do ( I work in 3d animation and motion graphics industry ) .
Think maya , 3ds max, cinema 4d, after effects and so on... And now when my mac has finally died on me I understood that if i want to get the maximum performance i need to switch back to windows 😞
Anyway , the only place to get an ASUS ROG G750JH that i found in uk is from amazon
( http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-17-3-Inch-1920x1080-i7-4700HQ-Thunderbolt/dp/B00COQIJHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U... )

So my question is - will this beast be a good solution for a guy like me , running all those 3d rendering heavy apps ? Is it stable enough as a main workstation ? Any other places i should look at ? Any real life stores in London where i can check it out?

Thank you very much
2 REPLIES 2

jtsteph
Level 7
Great machine. I have a 750JH and and 75VX. I am not sure it would fit the bill of a "main workstation" but it is certainly a great performer as a satellite station. A main workstation would generally have a smoking GPU, more and faster cores and a big RAID storage system.

When I am working remotely, I run AE, C4D, Avid MC and Davinci resolve on it using a Teranex as an external SDI interface. I also do lots of stuff with Isadora and Touch Designer. You won't get a better machine for the price. On thing I would say is that the screen sucks, but if you are not looking to do colour critical work on it, you'll get used to it.

jtsteph
Level 7
Oh BTW I switched from Mac a year ago after 15+ years of being an apple user and will NEVER look back. Windows is effing amazing. All the talk about Mac's being more stable and a more "creative" OS is just marketing hype. Windows is much more stable, less intrusive and actually easier to use than Mac OS. Being able to buy twice the machine for half the price is also a great.