cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z87-Pro Wake on Lan

pellinore
Level 7
HI I'm trying to get the Wake ON Lan option to work from a power off state(s5). I have changed to Wake on Lan by PCI in the BIOS and I have turned on the Wake on Lan from power off state in the Power Management settings of the driver for the LAN device.

I can get it to work if I boot into the BIOS than turn off the computer, but if I shutdown from Windows 8.1 it does not work. There is no activity on the LAN card. Waking On Lan form Sleep works fine just not from a shutdown state.

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Praz
Level 13
Turn off Fast Boot in Win8.1 With Fast Boot enable 8.1 shuts down in the S4 (Hybrid) state which does not support WOL.

pellinore
Level 7
OK thanks will give that a try.

pellinore
Level 7
That got it working, thanks. I couldn't get it to work at first, I found you also have to change the Fast Boot setting in Windows also. It's under Power option, what the power button does.

pellinore wrote:
I found you also have to change the Fast Boot setting in Windows also. It's under Power option, what the power button does.

In Windows is the Fast Boot I was referring to.

I didn't know there was a settings in Windows, only thought it was in the BIOS.

BigShowJoe
Level 7
Bumping an old thread here. I have a similar problem. I am running Win 7 and I have WOL working fine. The problem is that after the PC has been shutdown (S5) for a while, WOL no longer works. It's as if the power to the NIC is being turned off after a while. Any ideas?

mrizzo
Level 7
These BIOS settings didn't work for me, I can only boot from sleep/hibernate, not from shutdown with my Z87-Pro. What other BIOS settings do you have enabled? Are you using an ethernet connection, or connecting via Wi-Fi?

Also, BigShowJoe, you may want to look into setting a static arp list entry on your router. Some routers allow you to telnet in and execute commands such as "arp -s [computer IP address] [computer MAC address]", this will set a static arp list entry for your PC, and it will remember the IP/MAC address if the PC has been of for awhile.