cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Clock Won't Keep Correct Time/ROG HERO

Stilicho
Level 7
The system can't seem to get past the hour, also the BIOS clock is frozen in the UEFI. I see the sticky thread about the Frozen Time Clock in UEFI, but I've never flashed a BIOS before nor do I have a USB stick. I've download and renamed the 804 "M6H .cap" file but EZ Flash 2 won't read the file from my harddrive nor will it read the DVD-ROM that I burned the file to. Is this really the issue? How do I solve the clock problem? The board is only a few weeks old and was working fine until shortly after I installed a new SSD. Thanks.

Specs
ROG Hero
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
i74770k
12 REPLIES 12

kkn
Level 14
EZ is USB only.
you can buy a cheep USB stick and use that.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had read it could flash with an optical drive, but I'll go pick up a cheap USB stick ASAP. The problem causes save issues with my FIFA 14 synching local and cloud games on Origin because from what I'm guessing are invalid time stamps that results in disconnection. I'm wondering what causes this problem in the first place? If the "fix" procedure works in repairing it permanently, then it wouldn't just be a faulty battery, right?

Chino
Level 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
USB sticks cost next to nothing, and it is critical in this day and age to have one. Not just for BIOS flashing but as a means of portable data storage.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Okay so I flashed the BIOS and it updated to 804 properly. I turned off the computer once it posted and only the red LED lights and the Start and Reset button were illuminated. I'm assuming these are the standby lights? Then I tried pressing the Clear RTC button for 10 seconds, but it didn't seem like a button. Is it a button? Anyways I don't think I did that part properly and the UEFI time clock is still frozen. How do I clear CMOS?

Chino
Level 15
The Clear RTC isn't a button but a jumper. If you look closely, you'll see that the jumper cap is on pins 1 & 2. What you need to do is move that jumper cap to pins 2 & 3 for 10 seconds. Then move the cap back to pins 1 & 2.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Or you can remove the mobo battery for about 20 minutes, then replace it.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Or even easier, just press the CLRCMOS button on your Motherboard's I/O Panel 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Or even easier, just press the CLRCMOS button on your Motherboard's I/O Panel 🙂

Don't confuse him mate :), CLRCMOS button is one of the ROG features the Hero does not have. It's got an old school jumper instead.