cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whenever I try to use CPU Level up my computer won't post

xNovax
Level 7
Whenever i use CPU Level UP my computer gets a 00 error on the LED screen on the motherboard after it restarts. To fix this i have to flash the bios. I don't know what the problem is and i would like to over clock. Please help
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
16GB G.Skill RipjawsZ @1600MHz
Quadfire MSI lightning 7970
Dual XFX 1250watt
8 REPLIES 8

Eustia
Level 7
Could you provide some details about you computer? cpu, ram, motherboard, powersupply, etc.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5836-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-Easy-Overclock-Guide&country=&...
Above is the offical easy overclock guid. You can easily achieve better performance and no Bluescreen issue by read through and have a try.

3930K Stock Clock
Rampage IV Extreme
16GB Corsiar Vengance
HD 7970
Caviar Black 2TB
Corsair TX850M
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
Dual XFX 1250watt

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would not even bother with the presets for that system set up my friend.

Simple to read the very good guides which are sticky and do it yourself. What is the hoped for overclock you were looking for? Maybe we can do this together here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

It isn't even really a problem with the overclocking. It is a problem with either the bios or the motherboard because even if i go into the bios and don't change anything then save and restart my computer it won't start. it will still give me the 00 Error
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
Dual XFX 1250watt

The only bios version that my computer will start on is a stock 1101
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
Dual XFX 1250watt

After talking not the phone with technical support for 30 minutes i was told to remove all my hard drives and only leave one stick of ram. The system booted. Once i went to put in the ram again the system would not start again and is now giving me a 67 error.
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
Dual XFX 1250watt

8_Pack
Level 12
That is a memory error mate. Can I first check is your memory kit a X79 Quad channel tuned kit??? Its not two dual channel kits from a previous platform as these can be difficult to tune on X79. If its a quad channel kit. Boot the board with one stick in it. Set the XMP in bios with VCCSA at 1.25 VTT1.25 and Rampage tweak 1, reboot with only one stick and memtest for at least two full passes each stick one at a time. We need to rule out a faulty stick first. Often when teh CPU goes through the post routine and finishes at 00 this means the CPU IMC can not reach the frequency being set or cant complete memory training. A faulty stick would stop this. 67 is a memory / training error also.

xNovax
Level 7
Ok thanks i will try fixing it
Rampage IV Extreme
I7 3930K @4.4 GHz
Dual XFX 1250watt