cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the magic Intel RST(e) driver for Windows 8 Pro?

Affinitii
Level 9
I still seem to have issues, game stutters, freezes, restarts fixing it, etc seems to be tied to the RST(e) drivers. Some function better than others, but I still cannot seem to find the proper driver for my Intel RST(e) to fix this issue with Windows 8

I've tried the 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6 RSTE drivers as well as the 11.7 RST drivers. 11.7 seems to be better than the others, worked perfectly fine for 2 days without rebooting my machine, then after I rebooted my machine the issues cropped up again. What is the driver that I should install that seems to fix these issues?

For more info, my frame rate likes to plummit or I get weird freezes/stutters restart the game and/or PC and it fixes itself temporarily until it starts to happen again on it's own accord.

Am I missing something here? Running the latest Drivers for EVERYTHING off the ROG website for my Rampage IV Extreme, and then the 11.7 RST drivers as well.
9 REPLIES 9

m_oreilly
Level 7
your frame rates will have nothing to do with rste, and yes, the 11.7 is pretty much the win8 driver, atm. what are your system specs, and are you OC'ed?
Asus Rampage IV GENE
i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
custom loop
16 gigs Trident X
HIS HD7970
2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
Crossover 27Q
Win8 pro

VoXPCS
Level 7
I don't think anyone really knows the difference between these two. Not even Intel. Asus has the RSTe drivers listed on their page for this board. NOT the RST driver. Why would that be? Assuming everyone is running raid? That's dumb in my opinion. Raid is out dated, old and no real benefit in my opinion.

SATA6 and an SSD is fast enough.

My drive names have been screwed up for months now, with no fix in site. In device manager the names are garbled. Genius.

Windows 8 crashes no matter what you do it anyway. lol

Affinitii
Level 9
It causes programs to lock up more or less, not nessisarily frame drops. Just happens that way.

I am OC it's stable, verified etc ran extensive tests on everything.

Affinitii
Level 9
oh and my audio likes to pop and crackle when it does it as well if that matters.

m_oreilly
Level 7
have you tried the uefi install method, using a gpt volume rather than an mbr? i had no issue, installed 11.7 rst raid app after chipset drivers, system oc of 4.8 no speedstep or c states enabled.
Asus Rampage IV GENE
i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
custom loop
16 gigs Trident X
HIS HD7970
2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
Crossover 27Q
Win8 pro

Affinitii
Level 9
I am using UEFI. Trying to figure out of maybe it's something to do with Breakaway Live causing the issues with the audio processing with Windows 8. Ran as admin in compatability mode no issues since. May just be a fluke idk.

Affinitii
Level 9
It's still hgappening. Was fine all day yesterday and now it's doing it again, I really cannot figure this out.

Going fine, Game randomly drops to ~20FPS for no reason, micro stutters+Freezing, have to restart game to fix it until it happens again.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I would start with your video card brand and driver version. Then I would visit their forum.

R4E3960X
Level 10
With the lastest 3404 BIOS of RIVE you must choose 11.7.0.1003 RST the best now.
Intel Core i7 3960X 😮 C2 SR0KF 😮 @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE😮