cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VII Hero - Intel RAID 0 - Every 10 second stutter.

Dingleweed
Level 7
I have had this issue for a few months now, things seem to change a little upon every re-format of Windows 8.1

I have a RAID 0 array setup with two SSDs. Using all the RAID drivers I can get a hold of the problem has persisted. I have a huge stutter which is noticable in every game and it happens every 10 seconds. This stutter is for a fraction of a second and I loose about 15fps as motion is resumed within game! Namely World of Tanks.

To stop it happening this time, I have disabled 'Write Caching' in Device Manager for the 'Intel RAID 0 Volume'. Which has subsequently stopped the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software from even loading!

Previously I had fiddled about with the RAID drivers and options within Intel RST so that 'Write Caching' was enabled somewhat and RST was loading, and there was no stutter. Anyway, stupidly I didn't check what I had things set to before I reformatted, so can't tell how 'Write Caching' was being handled by RST. But it was enabled under Device Manager, that's for sure!

According to RST, Write Caching increases performance dramatically... so I want it on! I want it to work! Any help?
3 REPLIES 3

Conners
Level 9
I understand Raid on ssd's is not worth the effort.

Dingleweed
Level 7
I think that's what people say because it reads/writes really, really fast. SSDs are really fast anyway. It hasn't been any trouble apart from this strange stutter.

Dingleweed
Level 7
Well I have Turned the Write Cache back on in the Driver options. Re-installed RST and set it up for it's 'Write Back' fancy stuff after disabling and reenabling TRIM, the stutter has not come back.... I don't know whats going on. 😕