cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X99 GAMING problems

Runit
Level 7
so about 3 weeks ago i get my self a new main board gpu and cpu but so far i have only had problems and blue screens

Intel Core i7-6800K
ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING
Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm
Corsair VENGEANCE® LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - White LED
ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
Cooler Master: COSMOS SE
Cooler Master: Silent Pro Gold 800W
1x 2TB WD
3x 3TB WD
Neutron Series™ XT 480GB SSD
Force Series™ LS 240GB SSD

my bigest problem is that every time i use the 5-way optimize it makes a unstable overclock and the pc wil crash
now i know its better to do it your self in the bios and all that but i finde this easyer and on my previus pc a x99-a whit 5820k it ran like a dream
the asus software also crashes from time to time like during the fun tuning i dont know if any one else has problems whit this ?
i already reported this to usus hoping they fix it
but im also hoping that maby some one here can help me
it usaly overclocks it to 4.0 GHz and the core 2 to 4,3 but then it always puts a heavy load on the 3th thread making it go 100% wile the rest is barly dowing any thing
il put a screen of it on here and when i put that core lower then the others it stops dowing it tho that one
so im hoping some one can help me finde out whit the problem is if its software or hard ware i have seen on forums that the 6800k should be able to run at 4,3
but i dont know mabe i have a bad one

Thanks in advanced
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi Runit

Welcome to the ROG forum !

It's hit and miss with 5 way and the presets and as you said at the beginning it's better to overclock manually in the bios. You have a good cpu cooler and should be able to get to 4.2GHz - 4.3GHz.

You could reset to defaults, set the extreme tweaker tab to XMP, sync the cpu cores and set the cpu core ratio to 42 (all cores at 42), let everything else on auto then F10 and Enter to save and exit. Run a stress test and see what voltage it's drawing and what temps are.

Try this with ROG Realbench, click stress test beside benchmark, select how many GB of ram you have, the 15 minute test is fine, if temps go over 90c stop the test.

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

Let me know what voltage it's drawing and what temps are during the test.

oke so i did what you said noticed that i first had to reset the dual intel proc.. program then rest the bios i set it to xmp and 42 th rest i left on auto
f10 save and then just before the log in screen would show up i got a crash no blue screen noting just poof off did this a few times reset the bios again same problem
so then i set it to 41 that started fine so i tryed the RealBench v2.44 that crashes when i press the start buttong on the stress test
and it crashes when it gets to the video part when its on benchmark
so then i ran aida64 for almost 2 houwers that ran fine no problems cpu tem was just below 50c whit 25c room temp
cpu voltage was 1.310v
so then i tryed some gta 5 it crasht just after it loaded the game no blue screen noting just poof off again
so then i put it to 40 same then 39 now it ran i also noticed that the threads wher more even not just putting it all on the one

so do i just have a rly bad cpu or is it someting else
wish i had just goten the 5820k my last one ran at 45 😞

Nate152
All right

Your temps are really good with 1.31v, try setting the cpu core voltage to 1.35v and core ratio to 42.

If it fails try the cpu core voltage at 1.36v up to 1.40v

Let me know what voltage you needed to pass the test at 4.2GHz and what temps are.

oke so i set it to 42 at 1,377v ran aida 64 (since RealBench making the nvidia driver crash now ...)for 1h ran fine at 50c then i tryed some gta 5 again and it crasht
almost right away so then i tryed higer voltage but when i set it to 1.400 it crashes on the log in screen so ended up setting it to 41 on 1.377v no more crashes
but i think its stil not good i had a few freezes and i think the gpu is dowing it it just freezes fro like 1-2 seconts i dont see the gpu clock go down so

also a other question i see you also have the 1070 on yours are the led ligts on the side and top a difrent coler as the ones on the back plate
darker pink purple colers on mine the back plate one is the only one that is the same coler as the main board and i rly want it to be white but its always pink
and you cant even turn them off

Nate152
Here is the Broadwell-E overclocking guide by Raja, see if this gets you a better overclock.

http://edgeup.asus.com/2016/06/17/broadwell-e-overclocking-guide/

I'm not sure if Aura is the same with your motherboard but to get the color white use the bar all the way to the right of the color dial. The color white should be the same for the the Aura program for the gpu.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82813-Maximus-VIII-Formula-Lighting-Control-Guide

ya i know that its just that it wont show white the main board and the back plate of the gpu are but the top and side of the gpu are always a darker coler or more pink or purple
so i was wondering if mine has bad led s or that all of them have that

gone try the guide but i think i probably just have a bad cpu 😞

Nate152

Menthol
Level 14
Runit,
When you set the Corsair LED Vengence to XMP does it give you an option for enhanced settings? I have a set of these on my MVIII Formula, if I click yes I cannot get the memory stable at XMP settings, if I click no my system is stable, of course it's a Z-170 board but I am just curious

I have a 1080 Strix, I have the LED's all static RED on both motherboard and GPU and the red on the GPU is more of an orange compared to the motherboard being dark red like the LED's on the memory modules

no i do not get that option it just sets it to xmp