cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Overclocking Failed @ Stock and Overclocking Multiplier resets after sleep

Grapes
Level 7
I have this 64GB kit:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233331

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ64GX3M8A1600C9

I've had this motherboard+ram for about 1 year now and always had issues with booting. I've tried various firmware and currently running the latest one.

I am using XMP settings @ 1.5v but I've also tried 1.55v and 1.575v on the ram.

On the first cold boot I always get "Overclocking Failed" even running at stock. By restarting, going into bios, Saving + Exiting it boots to Windows fine.

When in Windows OCCT and Prime95 run stable with my overclock. When I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the CPU multiplier is reset. I am using Windows 8.1 and I've tried toggling C states but it keeps resetting my multiplier.

I am running 620hx power supply which is now 7 years old. I've just ordered a new AX860i so I'll see if that makes any difference.

So I have two issues:
- Overclocking Failed at stock (Only first boot)
- CPU Multiplier resetting at stock.

My Specs:
- 3930k @ 4.4Ghz 1.3675v
- CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB @ 1.5v
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti OC

Any ideas on what I can do? Could it be my PSU?

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Do you have the 4pin floppy power connector connected for extra power to the RAM. If you remove the sticks from the black slots and just run half on the RED does this still happen? Have you memtest86+d the RAM to check for bad sticks?

Have you tried second BIOS?