cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) " Maximus V

iceprizm
Level 7
Long story short I just did a fresh windows 7 install on this build, and my Hauppage tv tuner wasnt being detected. The pc went into sleep mode and when it started again the tuner card was detected. Restarted and the card disappeared, sleep mode and thecard reappeared with the error "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" I tried using the hardware troubleshooting guide and that only had me turn on auto update which didnt help at all. Oh and I am at the latest 0502 bios.
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7-3770K
G Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
EVGA Superclocked, Signature 2 GTX 680
Crucial M4 SSD 2x128G Raid 0
WD 2x140G Velociraptors
Corsair 750W PSU
Koolance PC4-1036SL
23 REPLIES 23

HiVizMan
Level 40
Sorry mate I do not do Windows8 support yet. Maybe one of the other lads can help you.

You enjoying WIn8?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I may be wrong but this doesnt feel like a windows problem. When I google the error code the recommended fix is to flash the latest bios. Its just odd the card only gets detected coming out of sleep mode. I meant win 7 in my OP, havent tried 8 yet.
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7-3770K
WD 2x140G Velociraptors
Corsair 750W PSU
Koolance PC4-1036SL

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah ok - Win7 I do 🙂

Have you tried to flash to the latest BIOS as yet?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Ah ok - Win7 I do 🙂

Have you tried to flash to the latest BIOS as yet?

Im at 0502, maybe theres a beta??????
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7-3770K
WD 2x140G Velociraptors
Corsair 750W PSU
Koolance PC4-1036SL

Shamino
which model of tv tuner? which slot is it in? can u try a 1x slot or the FIRST x4 slot?

Shamino wrote:
which model of tv tuner? which slot is it in? can u try a 1x slot or the FIRST x4 slot?

its a hvr-1250, I have tried it in both 1x slots #2 and #3 with the same result. Cant get to #1 video card covers it. tuner doent fit in the x4 slot. I tried disabling the video card and that didnt work either.
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7-3770K
WD 2x140G Velociraptors
Corsair 750W PSU
Koolance PC4-1036SL

HiVizMan
Level 40
As this motherboard is a recent addition to the range I am sure that future BIOS updates will address the issue. That does not help you right now I fully accept.

The only thing I can suggest is swap the VGA down to another PCIe slot and see if that works? But not sure if the trade off is worth the trade off.

Well I tried moving the VGA to the next slot and moved the tuner to the first one, exactly the same problem. The tuner still only gets detected coming out of sleep mode. And when it is detected I get the not enough free resources error. Maybe the tuner isnt coflicting with the VGA? I dont have any other PCI cards installed. I guess I could remove the VGA and run off the iGPU.
Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7-3770K
WD 2x140G Velociraptors
Corsair 750W PSU
Koolance PC4-1036SL

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have informed the BIOS team of the issues with third party PCie devices. I hope they can provide a fix soon.