cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclock Failed Bios Message after overclocking GPU.

Thum8er
Level 7
Hi Guys

I have got a question , I overclocked my CPU to a stable 4.7Ghz @ 1.38Vcc , temps are at 60Degrees at full load over 1hour of stress testing with prime95. (Custom Loop)

Now when I overclock my TITANS after a certain amount of time my Screen goes black quick while gaming then resumes gaming but after closing the game. The screen stays black, so I have to restart my computer manually with a force shut down.

After restarting the pc the message "overclocking failed" appears in the bios menu.

Now I would like to know if anyone else has got this problem and if/or its just a problem with the graphic cards. Like I said the problem does NOT occure if my gpu isnt overclocked.

My parts are as following:

CPU 3930K @ 4.7Ghz
GPU TITANS SLI @ 1150Mhz/ or was untill the problems ocured.
MB Asus Rampage Extreme IV
PSU Corsair AXi 1200
Custom watercooling loop.

Any help is very much apreciated.

Sorry for my grammar mistakes not my native tongue ^^

Thx guys
2 REPLIES 2

DragonClaVV
Level 9
1150 on both Titans? Are you 100% sure that this is stable? Most Titans i have seen/read about made ~1100 but higher isnt stable in most cases.

Go down with the clocks and see if it happens again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Try what Dragon has suggested - clearly it does indicate some instability but the bios message suggest it is memory or CPU.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.