cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Maximus Ranger and Razer Mouse Compatabilty?

originalj4y
Level 7
Hi I'm new on here as only had my current pc around a week. My question is... since day one my Razer Naga epic has had problems where it will randomly not power on/connect after the POST screen. I've tried all the rear USB 2/3 ports and doesn't seem to make a difference it still happens. Its not an old mouse only a few months at best and worked fine on my older EVGA X58 system. Ive contacted Razer but they weren't much help so hoped someone on here could help or has had a similar issue?

I'm at my wits end and would rather not have to buy another branded mouse.

Regards,

Jay
6 REPLIES 6

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi originalj4y and Welcome to ROG
Check you have the latest driver 3.03 and Synapse 1.18. See your current version for dock and mouse in Device Manager, Delete any older versions and re-install with new version.
Razers are very finicky with drivers on some windows installations.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Hi MeanMachine thanks
Synapse is on 1.18 but the naga driver is listed in device manager as 6.2.9... and like i say it works most of the time eg now but there are times where i start pc and no power going to mouse at all. This is my second install of Win 7 as well to try and fix the problem. 😞

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hey there, try disabling Fast Boot.

DeviiL
Level 7
Enable USB ehci. Had the same problem with my mionix.

originalj4y
Level 7
I have enabled EHCI so will see how things go as due to it not happening all the time is hard to test straight off.

Edit: ok that didnt help so disabled fast boot instead rto see if that works.

It would seem neither EHCI or fast boot options made a difference unfortunatly as just booted and low and behold mouse wasnt powered until i rebooted a second time an came back on :S