cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

Sydneyblue
Level 7
Ive been posting and trying to get some help with the Asus Maximus Hero All my info is in my system specs

What I don't understand first is 55C underload to 60c in bf4 high for a stock config with a hyper evo

I don't understand why turbo mode seems to work like it should on my Asus Z97-A and it looks like on the Maximus it just wants to stay at 4.4 and it idles at 35c.I cant understand that no one has this combo motherboard cpu?
18 REPLIES 18

Conners
Level 9
Sydneyblue wrote:
Ive been posting and trying to get some help with the Asus Maximus Hero All my info is in my system specs

What I don't understand first is 55C underload to 60c in bf4 high for a stock config with a hyper evo

I don't understand why turbo mode seems to work like it should on my Asus Z97-A and it looks like on the Maximus it just wants to stay at 4.4 and it idles at 35c.I cant understand that no one has this combo motherboard cpu?

It may be helpful for us and you, to post your bios settings and areas of concern of them, so we may better understand your problem.

Sydneyblue
Level 7
The bios is the latest and everything is stock turbo mode is not working on the rog board its going up to 4.4 all the time

Conners
Level 9
Do a clear cmos, then load optimized defaults...

a couple of other thing to look at are reapplying your tim and reseating your HS.

whats a cmos?

Conners
Level 9
Oh Lord...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMOS

Read your manual for this reset...

Nate152
Hello Sydneyblue,

if everything in the bios is set to defaults, check that you have the windows power plan set to balanced. Setting it to balanced will throttle the speed. If you want it to throttle the voltage you will have to use adaptive or offset modes.

But personally when gaming, I'd let the windows power plan set to high performance to keep the cpu at 4.4GHz. Your temps are fine but you can lower the cpu voltage to help drop temps a little more, at stock settings your 4790k is getting overvolted some. You should be able to drop it to 1.15v-1.20v and still be stable at 4.4GHz

are you saying that having turbo mode disable and manually overclocking it ?

Sydneyblue
Level 7
I don't understand why connor would even respond if he really has no idea what he is doing as far as this type of board goes

Sydneyblue wrote:
I don't understand why connor would even respond if he really has no idea what he is doing as far as this type of board goes

LOL... I just look at the state he's from and, you know you have to feel sorry for him...

they just recently have commodore 64's for sale there now.