cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxius VII Ranger Q-Code FE

AdamStap
Level 7
I brought new ram, put ram in it only showed i had 4gb in when i had 2x4gb. I swapped ram to see if that fixed it it did not. I went to see what ram was not working by taking one out at a time and because i'm an idiot i forgot to turn pc off when taking ram out. now i get the Q-CODE FE when ever i start up with ram in or out and even my spear ram that works fine i still get FE Q-Code. I have tried CLR_CMOS and took out the mobo battery but that has not fixed it, so any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
PC specs are -

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 31 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1688MHz (UDIMM)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics
PL2488H (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (ZOTAC International)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello AdamStap

Welcome to the ROG forum !

List your ram kit for us please, since clearing the cmos didn't help try updating the bios and see if that fixes you.

Rename the bios file to M7R.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Nate152 wrote:
Hello AdamStap

Welcome to the ROG forum !

List your ram kit for us please, since clearing the cmos didn't help try updating the bios and see if that fixes you.

Rename the bios file to M7R.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

My ram kit is Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3-1866 UDIMM, and i have tried to do a bios flashback, i formatted both flash drives to FAT32, i put the files on both with it renamed to M7R.CAP, put them both in with power off but connected and pressed the button for 3-5 second and no lights came on. I still have all my CPU, GPU connected and all the videos don't so is that it?

Nate152
Thank you

Did you let the psu switch on after shutting it down to update the bios?

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Did you let the psu switch on after shutting it down to update the bios?

OMG, i'm so stupid some times, i never did it with just the psu on i kept turning the computer on aswell like a dummie.... well it's been going for over 2 hours, should i take it out and retry it or just wait?

Edit: i tried it again and what happens is it stats flashing so i let go it flashes for about 3 seconds then stays light up