cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Vii Ranger with 5 fans + the header of H110 (case 450D)

ChieRyuu
Level 7
So I'm going to buy a corsair h110 and install it into my 450D case, but there are only 5 fan headers and there is 1 missing
which is the header of corsair h110 cooler. Is it possible for to buy a "Noctua NA-SAC1 Sleeved 3:4-Pin Adapter" and use it to connect the header of the H110 to Noctua 3:4-pin adapter? or is there a 6th header in the motherbaord that i don't know.

Or can I just use a y-splitter and connect the 2 fans from the cooler to the CPU_FAN and let the header go to CPU_Option?
9 REPLIES 9

Norcus
Level 8
On the Gene the CPU_Opt is a slave to CPU_FAN and they run on the same voltage, so I would not recommend running pump on one and fans on the other (Edit: Assuming all Maximus VII boards are the same in this respect). Run only fans on those two headers and connect the pump to one of the chassis fan headers. Using a splitter to run two fans would work just fine, but you need to know if your fans are PWM controlled or not to get the right splitter and set up BIOS correctly.

How many intake fans do you use, and are all of your fans PWM?

[QUOTE=How many intake fans do you use, and are all of your fans PWM?

I don't really know what PWM is. But my has 3 fans which all are 3pin. and i heard from an unboxing video of Corsair h110 from linus that the stock fans are 4pin PWM fans.

Norcus wrote:
On the Gene the CPU_Opt is a slave to CPU_FAN and they run on the same voltage, so I would not recommend running pump on one and fans on the other (Edit: Assuming all Maximus VII boards are the same in this respect). Run only fans on those two headers and connect the pump to one of the chassis fan headers. Using a splitter to run two fans would work just fine, but you need to know if your fans are PWM controlled or not to get the right splitter and set up BIOS correctly.

How many intake fans do you use, and are all of your fans PWM?

I don't really know what PWM is. But my has 3 fans which all are 3pin. and i heard from an unboxing video of Corsair h110 from linus that the stock fans are 4pin PWM fans.

Okay, I did a bit research. And wanted to know if I can use the cooler header on the CPU_FAN and 2 of the 4-pin PWM connected to a y-splitter with 4pin pwm into the CPU_Option connecter.

Norcus
Level 8
I am going to assume you have 2 intake fans in front and one exhaust at the back, and you will mount the radiator at the top.

If your fans are 3 pins they are DC. Which means you need to get one DC 2-Fan splitter for your front intake fans and connect those to a chassis fan header . Connect the two radiator fans from the cooler to the CPU_FAN and CPU_Opt. Here is my suggestion to you:

Radiator fans (top) -> CPU_FAN and CPU_Opt - Set CPU_FAN header to PWM in BIOS
Pump - > CHA_FAN1 - Set CHA_FAN1 to PWM
Front intake fans x2 -> DC 2-Fan splitter into CHA_FAN2 - Set CHA_FAN2 to DC.
Rear exhaust fan -> into CHA_FAN3 - Set CHA_FAN3 to DC.

Norcus wrote:
I am going to assume you have 2 intake fans in front and one exhaust at the back, and you will mount the radiator at the top.

If your fans are 3 pins they are DC. Which means you need to get one DC 2-Fan splitter for your front intake fans and connect those to a chassis fan header . Connect the two radiator fans from the cooler to the CPU_FAN and CPU_Opt. Here is my suggestion to you:

I have a 4pin PWM y-splitter. can i use those fans form the cooler and conect to one of the fan header that are available?

Norcus wrote:

do you know where i can get a DC 2-fan splitter in norway?

Norcus
Level 8
Try Digital Impuls in Oslo
http://www.digitalimpuls.no/
This cable should work, but not sure how the return RPM signal works. Usually one of the fan plugs would be labeled as RPM return. I would go down there and ask.
http://www.digitalimpuls.no/PC-komponenter/Kabler-og-adaptere/Str%C3%B8m---intern/3-pin-vifte-til/St...

ty good sir!