cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus VI impact sound card problems

scipio771
Level 7
Hallo.

i more or less just finished my first build a few days ago and run into a few problems . right now i try to find out, why the SupremeFX sound card isnt working properly.

i do not get any sound when i use HDMI. i have the computer connected to my A/V receiver via hdmi and the receiver is connected to my tv also via hdmi. the sound card seems to work, since when i tried to use the optical out i had sound.

according to the motherboard manual, there should be an option to change the SDPIF out to HDMI but this do not exist in my bios, i simply can not change it, since it is not there.

i currently use the igpu of my i7 4770k and i do get sound via hdmi if i use the intel onboard sound.
the bios and the realtek drivers are up to date and i use windows 8.1.

sorry for my imperfect english.
7 REPLIES 7

Etaloche
Level 7
Try just control panel sound setting and make sure that the default audio device you want is selected as the default device

thanks for your advice, but it wont work. i also already tried to deactivate the intel sound in the bios, but still did not got any sound.

i have a wild guess, why it wont work. could it be, that the hdmi out for the sound card only works through a graphics card and not with the internal gpu? is there a way to get some help from asus? otherwise i will return this Motherboard. better now than never.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

SupremeFX features are available when using the analog or optical S/PDIF outputs of the SupremeFX sound card. For HDMI audio you will need to use the Intel iGPU if not using a discrete graphics solution.

thanks for your reply. does that mean, that the SupremeFX is useless if i use HDMI ?
if so, i can basically remove the sound card from the board and get more space?
im sill confused about the fact, that the manual shows that i can change the SPDIF out type to HDMI audio out, but this is missing in my bios.

Raja
Level 13
You can only get Intel sound via HDMI. There is no way to route the soundcard output via the HDMI cable.

Ignore what the manual is showing you, there is no way to route the S/PDIF codec output to the HDMI output on the board that I am aware of. Not sure why one would want to do that anyway...

scipio771
Level 7
the manual is quite misleading then. but i guess this solves it.