cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H100i GTX need replacing?

Quixote
Level 7
Hi.

Well, I've had a H100i GTX for over a couple of years now and I am beginning to suspect it's slowing down and/or not working as it used to work.

My idle temperature for my i7 4790K used to be around 30 - 35 C maybe (or lower) for most of the time I've had the H100i GTX installed since the beginning.

Now, the usual idle temperature is above 40 C and usually higher, hovering near 50 C when there is nothing happening. When I watch a video or do something with an Adobe program, it will go up to 60 C or sometimes higher, up to 70. It didn't used to do that.

Also, on start up, from a cold start, I'm seeing temperature spikes into the 70s and 80s. Could be normal. I don't know. But I don't remember seeing that in the old days when I suspect the cooler worked better.

I've cleaned off the old thermal paste and applied new paste today, as well as carefully placed and tightened the cooler's copper plate over the CPU again to make sure the connection is good, which has helped a little, but not much. The higher temps still remain.

By the way, the fans on the rad are spinning just fine.

So, could it be that this pump is done? Should I just get a new one?

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, when I touch the Corsair logo bit, should I feel some sort of small vibration? I'm not sure I do, and I can't recall if I ever did in the past. Just wondering if the pump is working properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI: I have a Maximus 7 Formula mobo.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

daddyd302
Level 7
If your warranty is up on it, I would just get rid of it and get a new one. Why take the chance? I've heard they can last anywhere from 3-5 years. You might get a better answer from corsair own's forum or just call/email them.
Main
**Intel 8700K @ 5Ghz**Asus Maximus 10 Wi-Fi ** EVGA 1080ti SC2 SLI**SoundblasterX AE-5**G. Skills Trident RGB 16G**Crucial MX300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda Pro 8TB**Thermaltake View 71**EVGA 1000 P2**Sony 900E**Corsair K95 RGB**Logitech G903**
Backup
**Intel 6850K @ 4.4Ghz**Asus Rampage V 10**Asus Strix 1080 SLI**Soundblaster Z**Corsair Vengeance LED 32G**Crucial Mx300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda 8TB**Corsair 570X**Corsair H100i**Corsair HX 1000i**Sony 800E**Corsair K70 RGB**Logitech G900**

Yes, I definitely don't want to chance it, and I would prefer to get a new one. I'm checking the warranty info now.

But, do you have any idea how I would verify that the pump is not working and/or slowing down or somehow inhibited in some way? Is it just feeling it for vibration?