cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula VII mPCIe wifi very slow and flaky

algosub
Level 7
I just built my computer yesterday, and everything works fine, but the wifi is very unstable and slow.

I'm using the mPCIe combo iii module that came with the board, and the supplied antenna...

Please help?
2 REPLIES 2

jmike
Level 7
Do you have a separate Wifi adapter you can compare for test purposes? I posted something similar a few months back but never got any responses. Try running a
ping test directly to your router using the mPCIe adapter. Then disable the mPCIe adapter and repeat the test using the other and compare your results.
For me using the internal adapter latency to my router was anywhere between 1ms and 8ms. Over the course of a 2min test it averaged 4ms. Using a Netgear
usb AC 6200 the same test yielded <1ms 100% of the time. I also tested with an older N adapter and got the same <1ms results.

I tried a few different drivers and tried different channels with no change. I even went so far as to purchase some extension cables for the antenna
to move it well away from my PC but it didn't help. I contacted ASUS and their suggestions were to move anything away from my router that could be
causing interference. They simply ignored the fact that the problem only exists when using the internal adapter. I have now simply just disabled the
internal wifi adapter from the bios and have chalked it up as being a piece of junk.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |

algosub
Level 7
I am now using an USB antenna, and it working fine...

with the mPCIe module I get low pings, but slow speed test - around 2.5MBs. with the USB connector I'm getting speeds of 10MBs plus...

It's kind of frustrating... Is there no solution?

Thanks!