cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does not find my graphics card

alien345
Level 7
I have put in a sapphire vapour x in the first slot and it is in. Because the boost light works even with no power connections. Tried everything, I may have to return the card if it is faulty.
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Clear CMOS and ensure you VGA cable is correctly fitted to the graphic card and the monitor. Make sure your monitor has the correct input selected.

What I think is happening is the bios is set to either onboard video or your monitor is not set to the correct input device.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sorted, I for some deep and vain reason did only connect 1 of the psu express connections. I for some reason could not find the second express psu connection untill last night, then it worked bingo.

Next step

I did short circuit the cpu case, though the on off switch works, the case fans do not work, would I be able to connect these to the motherboard. These are 2 wire connections, would be able to cut these wires and add a cpu fan plug?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You should be able to use the PSU connectors, it is easy to fit a new molex connector, but yes you could fit 3 pin or 4 pin motherboard fan header connectors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I know u can get a molex going to 3 or 4 pin fan connectors. But how could I use 2 wires in a 3 pin connector, anyway I would have to cut the wires of 3 fans and it is a beautiful case micro atx dragon slayer?

I have done the 4.5 overclock with stock cooler. I guess....I do not know....anyway I have 1 fan running at tha back and one direcly on the side.

alien345
Level 7
Solved , I worked out how to open the front panel and I followed the wires from the case light and 2front fans to Molex connections. All is working.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate and thanks for the report back.