cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug 40, after OC crash in win 7

Retired
Not applicable
Hello..

Some time back i started getting this issue..

After OC crash in win 7, i get debug 40 on reboot every time, and have to power off, and start up again..

I think its the new PSU = Coolermaster V1000 (Seasonic)

anyone else with this issue in here?

Its on high OC, can it be that the PSU dont deliver enough juice on startup, after a crash?
29 REPLIES 29

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hmm not had that after a overclock fail - does your system shut down or is it frozen? I would guess frozen.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Retired
Not applicable
all crashes, no matter scenario or cause..

After reboot.. it get stuck on debug 40..

this have never happen before, with other units..

Started after i installed the V1000

Retired
Not applicable
Note, only after a win crash..

Nodens
Level 16
Which UEFI version Paw? Did you reproduce it with more than one? 40 is waking up from S4, I bet there's something wrong with the UEFI..maybe you got corrupted ME region.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Retired
Not applicable
Hello Nodens..

No, i have tried different bios versions, and both bios chips.. issue remains

Nodens
Level 16
Wanna try a complete flash of the SPI flash with FTK to rule out corruption in regions other than the BIOS region (reflashing with USB flashback won't reflash the ME region if it's corrupted or the Descriptor region)? If you rule that out and the windows installation is not corrupted then it must be the PSU. System thinks it's resuming from hibernation instead of rebooting..
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Retired
Not applicable
ME region?

WhitePaw wrote:
ME region?

The SPI flash is separated into these regions:
Descriptor
BIOS
ME (Management Engine -The PCH's firmware so to speak)
GBE (Gigabit Ethernet)
PDR (Platform Data Region--not used on these boards).

ASUS flashing tools only flash the BIOS region, unless there's an update of the ME region in which case they flash that too. They don't flash Descriptor at all and no ME region if it doesn't need update or is corrupted. So Intel's flashing tools are the only way to recover from corruption in those regions:) Bad ME region can cause all sorts of seemingly power related issues.

RealBench Developer.

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, and only after a complete power loss in win7..

Have tried 2 totally different win 7 version, issue remains..

spi flash? ftk?

When i had the the Corsair PSU, this never happen, neither on the 1500w psu

when a changed psu.. BOOM

I have contacted CM regarding this..

It reboot, but get stuck on 40

Need to power off

Start up again, everything back to normal

win 7 , Hibernate disabled, power plan 100%