cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR3 Voltages rising upto 2.2v and F5 give QCode 00 - Asus Maximus VII Hero

cyber_flame
Level 7
Hi

recently start facing issue i.e. the DDR3 Ram Voltage is rising upto 2.2v. What I have done but result is same:

Note: I have Kingston Value Select Ram (2x8GB) DD3 1600Mhz

1) Degrade the BIOS
2) Update the BIOS to latest beta (QFlash)
3) remove battery, short bios etc etc.......
4) remove processor and install again, tighten heatsink, normal tight heatsink
5) Change Ram and use that new ram on every slot but result is same
6) Last night flash bios on DOS Mode.

Nothing worked.

Wen I touched rams, running at 2.2v, its cool. Checked in windows with HWINFO, result is same. its start with 1.53**v then start rising like a hell upto 2.2v.

Also the processor Voltage is going up & down . 4790k is running @4.6Ghz with 1.224v (Manually set) but now in BIOS its continuously up & down i.e. 1.232v & 1.248v as well as ram voltage are upto 2.2v.

I tried to set manual DRAM Voltage but that doesn't help either even Eventual DRAM Voltage is not working. It s rising like a hell.

I have checked with another Power Supply but result is same.

Further, whenever I load optimized BIOS default (F5) and restart system, it gives me "QCODE 00". and I have to power down completely and wait few minutes and then it Turn On otherwise only Fans are running at lower speed.

This is very annoying. I discussed with people. Some says BIOS corrupted, some says Processor problem and some says, VRM issues........
Only one person says, something is causing short inside casing, which is failing something.

Is there anyway to fix this or get to know what is the actual problem.

Due to Covid Situation, hands are tight and can't go for another board or processor as both are very very costly here.

If Asus Experts can help to fix this issue then, it will help me a lot. Otherwise, I have to Pack it. No other option right now.
0 REPLIES 0