cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Freeze's Anytime i try to use QuickSync Maximus VI Extreme

jasonelmore
Level 7
Anytime i try and use the quick sync feature on encoding/transcoding programs, the computer freeze's. I get no Crash Dumps or Blue Screens/black screens, the screen just freezes, mouse cursor included.

ALT+CTRL+DEL does nothing.
The programs i've tried are:

• Handbreak
  • Cyberlink Media Espresso

I'm running a GTX 780 Dedicated Graphics card, with iGPU Multimonitor enabled in the bios. I have installed the Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver, Filename: Win64_15319.exe (lastest win8 driver) off of the intel website as well as tried the one off the asus support driver website.

I have 3 monitors total, 2 Monitors are going through the GTX 780, and the third monitor is hooked up to the HDMI on the motherboard which is utilizing the HD 4600. My computer will sometimes freeze when using HDMI on the motherboard, so for now, all 3 screens are going through the GTX 780 until i can figure out what is wrong.

It's like anytime my computer tries to utilize the HD 4600, i get freeze's.
I am beginning the think i have a faulty CPU or motherboard. I'm running stock speeds on everything

• i7 4770K CPU
  • Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
  • 32GB GSkill 2400mhz Ram
  • Asus GTX 780 DC2OC
  • Samsung 830 SSD in Raid 0
  • Corsair TX 850w
  • 2X Asus PA248Q Monitors (dvi)
  • 1X Flat Screen TV (hdmi)

Thanks

DXDIAG For my computer Found below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3783766/DxDiag.txt
15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would go with the faulty CPU myself.

If possible see if you can get the PCU tested or RMA it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
Also lower memory speed or test with 2 sticks of ram if running at 2400MHz. The iGPU uses installed memory.

There are no error logs or system events. I'm thinking that the reason the screen is freezing is because the frame buffer is not getting transferred the the iGPU.

i'm thinking, maybe the computer is not freezing at all but rather the framebuffer is just being stuck on the GTX 780. Doesnt nvidia have some sort of optimus technology for Desktops so this doesnt happen?

does anyone else here use quick sync when they have a dedicated GPU for all other things. Do you have to have a monitor or screen hooked to the Motherboard if using quick sync?

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
When I used quick sync I actually had my monitor hooked up to the HDMI onboard. But it was such a long time ago and I am still on holiday so can not test this on my work bench for you mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Classic_GOD
Level 10
AFAIK Maximus VI boards do not have Lucid Virtu technology. Without it it is imposible to use both integrated GPU and dedicated GPU at the same time. In other words AFAIK you can't use QuickSync with the display connected to your dedicated GPU and you can't use your dedicated GPU processing with display connected to your integrated GPU.

Classic_GOD wrote:
AFAIK Maximus VI boards do not have Lucid Virtu technology. Without it it is imposible to use both integrated GPU and dedicated GPU at the same time. In other words AFAIK you can't use QuickSync with the display connected to your dedicated GPU and you can't use your dedicated GPU processing with display connected to your integrated GPU.

Nope. You can use both.

jasonelmore
Level 7
well nvidia optimus does it for notebooks, i'm guessing there isnt something for desktop them. Anyone can get lucid, it's all software. You just gotta pay $50.

and i've tried the trial of lucid, the screen freeze's all the same.

Same issue here!

I have the Maximus VI Hero with an i7 4770k.

I use Quick Sync by these settings.

System freezes completely - sometimes not even the reset switch show effect.

Very unfortunate that i cant use quick synch

Is there any solution known by now?

Thanks

kai84m wrote:
Same issue here!

I have the Maximus VI Hero with an i7 4770k.

I use Quick Sync by these settings.

System freezes completely - sometimes not even the reset switch show effect.

Very unfortunate that i cant use quick synch

Is there any solution known by now?

Thanks

We need the info linked below.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37841-Support-Template-fill-this-out-when-reporting-a-bug-o...