cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 1203 released Dec 25, 2013 - Maximus VI Formula

MRBULL
Level 10
is it just me or is asus prob the worst when it comes to bios update information? Actually saying or mentioning the damn changes they did , "system stability" is the only thing they can put as description, how about some detailed info how hard is that

as anyone tried this bios yet
15 REPLIES 15

jjxaker
Level 9
Also want to see a full list of changes, "system stability" not about what is not said
And why the BIOS 1203 is only available for Maximus VI Formula?! Asus does not know that there is a notion of a massive upgrade for all boards? :mad:

Where do you see the downloads section? If you go to the support page for the Maximus VI Formula the downloads and software page is missing.

mrgc8
Level 7
that it is, i think asus is fixing drivers and so fourth.

HiVizMan
Level 40
ASUS does not produce bios release notes. That is the company policy.

If your system is not broken then why is there any need to update the bios? Do not try and fix something that is not broken. The reason why that board has the update is because there was a need identified for that board alone and some hardware compatibility I would suspect. Like I said only update bios if your system is NOT doing what you need it to do. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I respectfully disagree with this policy. For instance, I have some minor issues with my Hero such as LED. Now, I'm not going to flash the bios for a minor issue like that, but if I could be reasonably certain that it would help I would go for it. So, it would be a guessing game as to whether a new flash would help. This is unacceptable IMO.

I really don't understand that policy and why that is the policy.

HiVizMan wrote:
ASUS does not produce bios release notes. That is the company policy.

If your system is not broken then why is there any need to update the bios? Do not try and fix something that is not broken. The reason why that board has the update is because there was a need identified for that board alone and some hardware compatibility I would suspect. Like I said only update bios if your system is NOT doing what you need it to do. 🙂

HiVizMan wrote:
If your system is not broken then why is there any need to update the bios?

Good point. Although it's pretty tempting to do it when you see the "Improves system stability" note. 🙂

mrgc8
Level 7
still cant get too support page going through support on asus page.