cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog strix x370 not able to show correct temperatures for the cpu in windows 10

unexpectedat144
Level 7
Hello I have a problem with my second motherboard of the asus rog strix x370 I send the first one back because it wasn't able to show right temperatures under windows in the bios it's showing the right temperatures with my second board for the ryzen 1700x ,which I also send back and for a other 1700x.I updated my bios from the version 808 from the preinstalled bios version I also rolled back to check if it helps to use the older bios version but it didn't.Today I updated to the bios version 809 I even cleared the cmos that was my last hope and it's still showing me uncorrect temperatures for the cpu.I don't know what I could do else to solve the problem .

46 REPLIES 46

unexpectedat144
Level 7
I installed asus ai suite did the OC with the tool and it showed the right temperature then I looked what it set different it is the !CPU 1.80 V VOLTAGE ! setting if it's changed to 1.900V the cpu is showing the right temperature 66177

Hi, I have very similar behavior.

Cpu temp is always 0°C unless BIOS starts in safe mode (i.e. unstable ram settings, so it wont boot up) - then in bios is correct CPU temp. I also get some temperature readings by setting CPU Voltage to 1.9V as you suggested (not sure if it is correct temperature or fake one ... but its not 0).

So ... +1 on this issue...

I guess some error in BIOS ?

Edit: temp after setting voltage to 1.9V certainly doesn't show correct values for me .. 16-17°C ... so maybe cpu heats up and there is some wrong offset?

I have this problem too, showing 16°c or 10° using ryzen 1700 no overclock

reset the cmos on what bios version are you what tool do you use to monitor temps?

vlmaca wrote:
Hi, I have very similar behavior.

Cpu temp is always 0°C unless BIOS starts in safe mode (i.e. unstable ram settings, so it wont boot up) - then in bios is correct CPU temp. I also get some temperature readings by setting CPU Voltage to 1.9V as you suggested (not sure if it is correct temperature or fake one ... but its not 0).

So ... +1 on this issue...

I guess some error in BIOS ?

Edit: temp after setting voltage to 1.9V certainly doesn't show correct values for me .. 16-17°C ... so maybe cpu heats up and there is some wrong offset?

I reset the cmos first used the asus ai suite oc tool and let the tool oc my cpu that is how I got the right temps and than I looked which values changed for me it was the 1.8v cpu voltage to 1.9v change , what bios version do you use ?
can you take a picture /screenshot of the bios and temp. monitor tool ?

Well I admire your bravery ... i don't want to OC cpu that doesn't show temperature 😄 ... especially not by some automatic software which heavily relies on it :).

Strange thing is, that HWInfo doesn't even show, that sensor is there ... it appeared when i set the CPU Voltage to 1.9 ... and it disappeared when I set it back to 1.8 (values in sensors table went grey).

Here is screenshot from asus tool and HWinfo after setting cpu to 1.9V and after a while (1 minute) back again. If set only to 1.8, then there is no sensor on hwInfo and 0°C in asus tool.

Edit: about the bios version, i have tried every single one from 0401 to 0809 (that i have now) ... this thing happened immediately after first bios setup and reboot. MB came with 0401.

So I tried cmos thing ... no help, tried OC thing (TPU1, Fast) ... also no help (just ratio went to 3,6GHz) ...

I'm starting to think it has something to do with RAMs ... We both have corsairs 3000MHz and my CPU temperatures are ok only if I overclock RAM, so it doesn't go past POST and goes to safe mode after forced shutdown. Only then I see correct CPU temp.

What RAMs have the other guys with this issue?

well I have this issue and plus can't run above 2933mhz stable and I'm using QVL kit 2x8gb f4-3200c14d-16gtzkw.

MaRcIuPT wrote:
well I have this issue and plus can't run above 2933mhz stable and I'm using QVL kit 2x8gb f4-3200c14d-16gtzkw.

what bios version are you using hope the ne 809 version or the 808 version earlier bios like the 4xx maybe doesn't support the 2999mhz freq at the time