cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maxiumus Gene V - Windows does not detect onboard audio

Tuxflux
Level 7
Hello,

I really hope someone knows a solution here, because I am driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.

I just got the MB today, and everything has booted and windows installs and works fine. Everything is OK, except one thing:

The onboard audio card does not even register in Windows. Its nowhere to be found in the Display Manager. I have alternated between HD audio and AC97 in the BIOS. No effect. I get 4 High Definition Audio devices in the Display Manager, but they are all for HDMI outputs (by BIOS is set to SPDIF, but I also tried HDMI to no effect).

I have even reinstalled Windows to see if that was the issue. All chipset drivers are installed, the latest drivers. I have also updated to the latest BIOS.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution? I really don't want to have to go out and buy a separate sound card just because this doesn't work.
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please install the audio drivers first.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have. Many many many times. I've tried both versions from the ASUS website. No changes in the Device Manager. The Realtek software doesn't even start, even though registry entries say to do so.

And the HDMI entries belong to my ASUS 560Ti card btw. They are installed fine.

Edit: I even tried to add the hardware manually, and it installs, but just comes up with a yellow exclamation mark.

Win7 x64, Core i5 btw.