cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus VII Impact Poor Wireless Performance

Sneaky2Toes
Level 7
Hello all,

I recently upgraded to an MI7 and 4790K. I did a fresh windows 7 - 64 bit install and I am having issues with included wireless.

I am getting a full wireless signal strenth (either 4 or 5 bars) and am not having any issues loosing my wireless connection, but when I do a continuous ping to my router, I get extremely high latancy. It fluxuates from 1 to 500 ms. This is not normal. I have tried reverting to the first driver on the ASUS website and nothing has changed. The antenna wires are routing safely in the case with a bend at the I/O shield (corsair AIO tubing is right there) but don't think this is causing the issue as the same antenna wires are used in laptops and are bent way worse. Also, I am getting a good wireless signal so I am assuming the problem maybe software related.

I have reverted to using a TP-Link USB wireless adapter and with that I get solid 1ms pings to my router all day long.

Anyone else have these issues or know of a solution?

Also, anyone have a solution to the memory error in AI suite when trying to adjust fan curves in Fan Xpert3?
0 REPLIES 0