cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS B660i High Temperature Issues

Jp_508
Level 7

I am not a gamer, I am a real estate photographer and use Lr & Ps extensively. 

As for my experience this is my 4th build since 2015. Not a experienced builder but so far have not had any issues except for now. So in reply's please don't get to techy on me, I might get lost because so many people have more experience then myself. Please be patient & explain in simple terms. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say I'm at a 5. 

Just finished a new build & having high temps in 3 Corsair dialog boxes in iCUE for the B660i on my Dashboard. I don't use iCUE as my go to but I have Corsair products in my build, AIO, PSU, & RAM so I need iCUE. I also monitor my temps with MSI Afterburner & HWiNFO64 which are more accurate. I have CPU & GPU temps on my taskbar along with their usage percentages, so at a glance I can see what's going on. 

My BuildASUS B660i, i7-12700k, OS Windows 11, Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 64GB 5200MHz, Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD ('C' Drive), EVGA GTX 1650 Super (Studio Driver), Corsair H100i Elite AIO, Corsair PSU SF750 

Now...Getting to those high temps in iCUE I contacted Corsair and they said to contact ASUS. Every now and then I have screen freeze issues, not at first it's after I've been on my pc for awhile and seems to happen only when I'm surfing the web with multiple tabs open, hasn't happened when I'm using my pc work (Lr & Ps).  It will either turn off and restart on its own or I have to power down and restart due to a screen freeze. 

I keep a watchful eye on temps (Afterburner) and they always seem just fine, no issues. As for HWiNFO64 temps also seem ok on the B660i. It's just in iCUE that 3 are very high, Temp #5, #8, #10, and yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE and its the same. Also since I have the i7-12700k I've done 2 other fixes, I disabled the gpu (Intel 770) because I was having conflict issues with my GTX 1650 being the main, & replaced the cpu lockdown with a mounting plate so the cpu gets even mounting pressure applied since the factory lockdown bends it in the middle. 

The attached image is going to be large because if I resized smaller you might not be able to read the temp levels in HWiNFO64.  I did contact ASUS tech support but they weren't much help, the person I spoke to didn't seem to have a good grasp of the English language and I feel a lot of information was lost in translation, they just told me to send in for repair/replacement. When I asked what on the board the 3 temps are monitoring they avoided the question and said to send to ASUS repair. Thought I'd give the community a shot first, maybe someone has had a similar. 

I'm thinking it might be monitoring around where the cpu or gpu is installed, if so these temps shouldn't be this high. Hope someone has some possible answers as to why iCUE is seeing this & if its real or not. At the present time I have 2 choices, (1) Use it like it is and see what happens or (2) Take apart my build and send the B660i in for repair. 

Thanks for reading...JpASUS B660i (USE THIS ONE).jpg

0 REPLIES 0