cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus b350-f gaming - very hot pch

shadowfuze
Level 7
Hello everyone! A week ago I bought my new Corsair RM650i and downloaded Corsair Link. But Corsair Link and Asus Ai Suite 3 can't work in the same time, they just turns off my PC with kernel-power error. I decided to use only Corsair Link.

But here is the new problem - after removing Asus Ai Suite 3 I can't control FANs speed... Because I can't control it - PCH runs really hot.
Around 40-55 degrees. This is bad, right? I have latest BIOS 4011.
4 REPLIES 4

IIINikolaiIII
Level 7
You can control fan speeds a little in the BIOS if you want to. So is it your cpu that is running at 55C? At load? that aint too hot for a Ryzen cpu.. sounds normal

EDIT: oh you meant chipset.. i dont know the max temps on that but if i had to guess i would say you are fine and dont need to worry

IIINikolaiIII wrote:
You can control fan speeds a little in the BIOS if you want to. So is it your cpu that is running at 55C? At load? that aint too hot for a Ryzen cpu.. sounds normal

EDIT: oh you meant chipset.. i dont know the max temps on that but if i had to guess i would say you are fine and dont need to worry

You're maybe right, but I'm really worried about it becaues PCH is hottest thing in my PC.

I checked what others have seen temp wise and they were reporting over 70C at times. Someone said that it can take close to a 100C.. so i would not worry.

celab
Level 7
your bios does a good job managing your fan speeds. look in the manual under section 3.2.3 to set ip up correctly it the qfan setting in your bios you want to go to. all your board components have a safty feature that will shuz down your pc (or throttle dodwn) in case of overheating so no damage should occure.
Orwell was an optimist