cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai Suite III Problem

BreakPoint
Level 7
Everything has been running properly on my new Maximus VI Impact based PC for a few months now that I have replaced the defective board and removed a bad ram stick. The one problem I have is Ai suite III.

It's always very slow. It will display the loading animation every time I switch to one of the four different tabs. It also becomes completely unresponsive under medium to heavy load like stress testing, and that's when I need it to see voltages and temps. Did it not install properly, or is it just terribly coded?
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
It's Java based so what you describe is normal. Under stress testing the stress test is occupying the processor and possibly most of the system memory. Trying to do things under those situations can be exactly as you describe regardless of the app trying to be opened or used.

If I wanted to view something while running a stress test, I would simply open it before running the stress test, then bring it to the "front" and leave it there while the test is running.

BreakPoint
Level 7
That's what I do, but it freezes once the test is started. I have a Core Temp gadget that displays the temp while the system is under full load. I can even play 1280x720 videos almost flawlessly while running the high stress level on Intel Burn Test. I really should think it wouldn't be that hard to just display frequencies, temps, and voltages. I hope this simple issue will be addressed in Ai suite 4. (Don't know why, considering that the next version of Ai suite won't be compatible with Maximus VI boards)

Raja
Level 13
If you open multiple tools you will get polling contention at the super IO IC - and this gves rise to all sorts of issues. Try assigning less memory to the stress test so that there is enough for AI Suite. AI Suite does not display DTS temps anyway. For the situation you have you are better off using an all-in-one tool like HWinfo or AIDA on its own (no other polling). Multiple tools and stress tests do not a good mix make...

DSD27
Level 7
This is still a problem. And what makes it serious is that AI Suite 3 (Fanx Xpert2) controls fan speeds, what happens during stress testing with Real Bench or anything, is that AI Suite becomes unresponsive and fans won't go up according to temps. I have set my fans to go full speed at 62ºC, when the CPU gets to 68ºC fans are still at medium-low rpms ebcause AI Suite froze at 47ºC or something, and I'm pretty sure the same happens when gaming.