cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

900D + RIVE + 3930K + Swiftech H320 + Tri SLi GTX 680 Classy's

rjbarker
Level 11
Well my 3930K and RIVE have been rockin along just fine at 4.7 Ghz +.040v (1.344v under load) for about 4 months now.

Was debating on picking up a new 4930K, but this Chip seems awesome, was running stable at 4.8 Ghz +.070v (1.4v), but a tad warm, as in 85c on a couple of Cores while running LinX, but 15 passes and stable 😉

So, instead of new Chip, wen with new enclosure and Cooling, really wanted to try out the Swiftech H320 in Push / Pull with 6 Noctua NF F Series Fans...seems to have dropped my temps by around 8-9c vs H100i.

Really like the addition of the Lamptron FC9 Fan Controller....c'mon 50W per Channel w 4 Channels....whats not to like...great subtle lighting as well with very smooth sliding knobs.

Anyhow, been a busy week with patio work and only a few hrs to get this Rig together before heading to work for another month. Dont be too hard on my cabling as it certainly was a rush job and damn this Case is a behemoth 😉

12 REPLIES 12

HiVizMan
Level 40
Very tidy and very powerful system mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Smiki007
Level 10
Very good and very nice system. Just wondering, shouldn't be better if all your Noctua fans (attached to the 360 radiator), blow the air out insted of blowing the air (hot) in the case.

Always look beyond the limits...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Very nice rjbarker!...love those fans.

I'd always have the fans pulling in cold air from outside instead of cooling rad with warm air from inside. The old heat rises adage is for convection in still air not a strong force on these small scales...put a fan behind the air and up down doesn't matter it's not like your fighting gravity. As long as the case is vented well somewhere else (like some fans in the very bottom as outtakes) the flow from outside in through the RAD is a huge help in reducing CPU temps. You have good flow over the VRM too...added bonus...

All in all a classy build 😉

Retired
Not applicable
Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Very nice rjbarker!...love those fans 😉

Just knew it...

WhitePaw wrote:
Just knew it...

LOL 😮 you know I'm a sucker for a Noctua.

rj! just noticed those fan labels on the bottom of the RAD....not in line....shocked :eek: plus you never show the back of the case...it's not reality TV ...no one has to know;)

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Very nice rjbarker!...love those fans.

I'd always have the fans pulling in cold air from outside instead of cooling rad with warm air from inside. The old heat rises adage is for convection in still air not a strong force on these small scales...put a fan behind the air and up down doesn't matter it's not like your fighting gravity. As long as the case is vented well somewhere else (like some fans in the very bottom as outtakes) the flow from outside in through the RAD is a huge help in reducing CPU temps. You have good flow over the VRM too...added bonus...

All in all a classy build 😉

Thanks Arne 😉 You n me think alike, all the points you made above are exactly why I prefer my top Rad Fans as "Intakes" ....draw that room temp air over the Rad instead of warm Case Air.....cooling VRM's etc, not to mention the amount of "venting" alone within this Case.

Cheers... 😉

rjbarker wrote:
Thanks Arne 😉 You n me think alike, all the points you made above are exactly why I prefer my top Rad Fans as "Intakes" ....draw that room temp air over the Rad instead of warm Case Air.....cooling VRM's etc, not to mention the amount of "venting" alone within this Case.

Cheers... 😉

To me it seems like up top you're pulling in cool air which is getting heated from your radiator and then the majority of that hot air is going through each of your GPUs which are air cooled and use similar to reference cooler which means they funnel the heat they produce (and that your CPU produced) directly through the cards vapor chambers and out of the back of the case.

Really good looking build regardless of your fan setup though.
Nice job.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

ganji
Level 13
Very nice rig mate, Good job!

abvolt
Level 11
Looks really awesome I love the 900D
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20