cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

00 code on startup. Only posts after power down.

Trajen
Level 7
My pc is about 8 to 9 months old and I noticed this after i was having some issues with my clock not syncing correctly. i removed the cmos battery and replaced it and that fixed that issue. now everytime it goes into hibernation and I wake the pc it will hang at 00 code. I then power down from the case power button and restart and it will not post, it only sits at 00. If I then switch off the power supply for about 30 secs and then start back up it will run just fine. Only once it started after that with the message "overclock failed". Please any help would be very much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Trajen and this should be an easy fix if you have OC your system.

If you have made changes to your Bios settings, Then clear your CMOS to default and you should be good to go.
If you do OC successfully, don't forget to save a profile if your Bios lets you. You should list your system specs if not resolved.
If Qcode 00 continues and a failure to post, then it may be a component failure as this code is not documented.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thank you for your reply. I will do as directed, but I thought that was what I was doing by removing and replacing the battery. It seems to me to be a problem with voltage. Almost like the mb isnt giving the cpu the correct voltage to post at the overclock that is programed. I just hope it isnt something with my cpu. Although that doesnt seem to be the case because it runs just fine after a complete power down. I will give an update after trying what you suggested and thank you again for the help. "crossing fingers"

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Trajen.
It will be difficult to assist you without your system specs as requested. Fill out the system spec form in your profile, so we know what we are dealing with.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

FWIW, I fixed my Q-Code 00 issues by raising the Initial Input and Input Boot Voltages to the same as the Eventual Input Voltage, and disabling CPU Integrated VR Fault Management....