cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Strix RTX 3070 v2 - Fans making "fluttering" sound.

Synomenon
Level 7
So I got a new white Strix RTX 3070 v2. It's oriented traditionally (on a motherboard mounted to the inside -side of the case so the card's fans are facing the floor).

The fans go on and off depending on the load the card is getting. I guess that's a feature with these cards. When they do come on though, they make a quiet (but loud enough to hear if all I have is ambient noise in the room) fluttering noise. It's not coil whine or clicking. I've never heard this type of noise from a video card before. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll try to make a recording later when the house is quiet.
2 REPLIES 2

ahfoo
Level 13
You need control fan speed with GPU fan speed control software. Not subject only Asus software to control the fan speed. Some third party software do the job too.

ahfoo wrote:
You need control fan speed with GPU fan speed control software. Not subject only Asus software to control the fan speed. Some third party software do the job too.

i don't need to control the fan speeds. This 3070's fans are never loud.

As mentioned, the few times they do turn on they make this fluttering noise. It seems to be coming from the two outer fans. They usually stop spinning before the center fan. When the two outer fans stop spinning the fluttering sound goes away.