cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Temp

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
Hellow guys! Atm i have 2 computers with same setup, parts....

One of then, my ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING , get a temp of 68 ~ 72c (1800rpm fans) while playing Black desert online... With graphic settings on max!

In my other computer, same ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING gets 55~ 57c (1300rpm) running in same game settings... what can do that difference ?

Btw,same power supply in booth, same ssd, same motherboard.. same ddr ram... same case and cooling ...
6 REPLIES 6

Bill
Level 7
Hello ChroMiuM Deejay
Are they both in the same room?
How about the case? Are they using the same case, materials?
And the fans? In my experience, even the angle of the fan would make a difference.
Also, even with the same card with the same SPEC and brand, they may not perform exactly the same

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello ChroMiuM Deejay
And the fans? In my experience, even the angle of the fan would make a difference.
Also, even with the same card with the same SPEC and brand, they may not perform exactly the same

@Bill@ASUS: Check his pc spec in profile lul ...

@ChroMiuM Deejay : mostly is issue with thermal paste and ofc when u wanna replace thermal paste you lose warranty. When i bought card my temps was max about 60 celsius now can reach about 70. Is time to replace thermal pase but ... when i do it i lose warranty. I dont want to RMA card cause i have good piecie which one dont have coil while but temps start be high. Anyway Evga have it better cause u can replace thermal paste without warranty void but their cooling and card quality sux.

Shinnok wrote:
@Bill@ASUS: Check his pc spec in profile lul ...

@ChroMiuM Deejay : mostly is issue with thermal paste and ofc when u wanna replace thermal paste you lose warranty. When i bought card my temps was max about 60 celsius now can reach about 70. Is time to replace thermal pase but ... when i do it i lose warranty. I dont want to RMA card cause i have good piecie which one dont have coil while but temps start be high. Anyway Evga have it better cause u can replace thermal paste without warranty void but their cooling and card quality sux.

oh... that make sense... i will think if i will try rma then... thanks man!

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello ChroMiuM Deejay

Yes same room, same case... same fans and everything in same slots.. same bios and same softwares running in background... well! Kinda odd! The only difference its the monitor.. one i run @ 85hz other @ 144hz... but idk if this can make difference..

ChroMiuM Deejay wrote:
Yes same room, same case... same fans and everything in same slots.. same bios and same softwares running in background... well! Kinda odd! The only difference its the monitor.. one i run @ 85hz other @ 144hz... but idk if this can make difference..

Try lock FPS to 80 on both PC and u will see. IF u dont ruth with v sync or any other of sync ur fps go more then is HZ on monitors. OFC if u go more fps temp will be alot higher.

Best test for it is run Furmark with intel burn test (set 4gb of ram in test) at same time and check temperatures over open hw monitor.
Check first bios settings if all stuff are same , voltage , HZ etc.

If temperatures, clock , volate will be close to same it is OK but if not its time to RMA.

Anyway i hope asus will soon change politic for RMA cause replacing thermal paste is normal think cause lifetime of paste is about 1 year.
Anyway i dont like so much small gap between heatpipes on direct cu cooler. That need a bit more practic and good paste to apply without small bubles to avoid area overhating.
https://www.vortez.net/articles_file/34492_asus%20strix%20gtx%201070%20review%20-%20heatsink.jpg

ChroMiuM_Deejay
Level 7
hmm ty for the help guys! After many tests...i just see a diference now .. the problem is, when i play this game in 144hz...then the card gets very hot...im not sure if 70c its danger so i just changed my monitor to 85hz and now it runs the game on max 60c... sad this game dont have option to change hz ingame, and it also have borderless mode...